Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-Buggy/E-Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Yea i agree some of these nitro guys on here seemed to think every guy that runs electric is lazy for some reason . Its not its various reasons why somebody chooses electric or converts to it. One major factor is trying to fine one pit man for yourself that can tune your engine etc just not fueling which i have done for guys who race nitro which i dont mind doing.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

You do realize that you posted this in the electric off-road racing forum... You may have better luck finding fellow 1/8e haters in the nitro forum.

I say run whatever you like. If ya wanna be loud and smelly then more power to ya!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
You do realize that you posted this in the electric off-road racing forum... You may have better luck finding fellow 1/8e haters in the nitro forum.

I say run whatever you like. If ya wanna be loud and smelly then more power to ya!!!
Lol. +1. But let's face it. At least 20 percent of liking electric is because we're lazy, right?
Old 09-04-2012, 03:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect

....You could argue that real races last longer than 20 minutes and require pitstops.
Geez, I run 20 minute mains with nitros all the time at my track and I'm competitive. Where did you get the idea that e-buggies can't run long races??

In most cases I find that the nitro guys bashing on the e-buggies are as ignorant about it as a caveman.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Don't ya'll have big nitro races and pro-series races in your area?

Seems to be plenty of big nitro events. Nitro is only dieing at the club level.
Yeah we got the byron fuel challange and the pro series. Plus we got a summer and winter series. But nobody runs nitro ever Friday, Its e-buggy and e-truggy. Nitro racing is like real racing to me. Tuning the engine and learning how to find the setup that works for the track is what I like to do. Tune the engine/pipe, fine the setup for the chassi. Electric is fun but I take nitro more seriously and will spend hours at the track finding that perfect setup and getting my engine in top shape.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'd much rather spend hours tuning my chassis setup and not having to worry much about my powertrain once I find the right gearing.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Chassis tuning on an electric to find the perfect setup is the same as on a nitro. I enjoy doing that work too.

Tuning the esc, gearing and motor setup for an effective power delivery also takes work. The primary difference being it doesn't change halfway thru the day when the temperature goes up or down.

I get the whole IC engine thing. Its cool and all. But for the average casual racer it can get to be a hassle. At least it does for me. For normal everyday club racing I prefer being able to just focus on the chassis setup and eliminate the engine tuning variable. I own both electric and nitro 1/8 and so far this summer Ive only got about half gallon thru the nitro car. I don't think I'm even gonna bother with nitro next year.

For me, 1/8 is the only class that really can hold my interest. I have a few 1/10 cars too, but they are just the "also ran" classes for me to fill in the time in between heats of 1/8.

There is one track I go to that gets a better electric turnout than nitro. But no worries. We let them run with the electrics so nobody gets left out.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Blackscale
Yeah we got the byron fuel challange and the pro series. Plus we got a summer and winter series. But nobody runs nitro ever Friday, Its e-buggy and e-truggy. Nitro racing is like real racing to me. Tuning the engine and learning how to find the setup that works for the track is what I like to do. Tune the engine/pipe, fine the setup for the chassi. Electric is fun but I take nitro more seriously and will spend hours at the track finding that perfect setup and getting my engine in top shape.

Its the samething with the 1/8 E but you have more time to focus on setups and driving.