Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY XB9 E-Conversion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

agreed its that cf everywhere I believe. Should be more like 60 bucks for a motor mount and another 20 for a tray from rc monster.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
agreed its that cf everywhere I believe. Should be more like 60 bucks for a motor mount and another 20 for a tray from rc monster.
I think the 808 motor mount from Elite RC goes on the XB9:

Last edited by Pulse_; 11-13-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The 808e mount won't work. Has to be 808 conversion mount
Old 11-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
The 808e mount won't work. Has to be 808 conversion mount
I'm actually speaking about the eliterc mount, I should retire the e then unless there will be some confusion
Old 11-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pulse_
I'm actually speaking about the eliterc mount, I should retire the e then unless there will be some confusion
correct the E has more spacing between screws. The elite and monster has equal spacing.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Tech Champion

Just received the feedback from Xray about the release of a XB9E and they couldn't have been less precise

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email and your interest in XRAY products. You can bet XRAY will continue to develop and make only the finest and premium new products and new cars all the time. If there should be any publicly available information about some project, it will be for sure posted at the first place at www.teamxray.com I also suggest you to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest news.

If we can help you in any other way, please let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you or help you out.

XRAY MODEL RACING CARS

www.teamxray.com"
Old 11-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

The 808e, from xray has wider spacing.. and wont fit on a nitro chassis..

the 808 conversion.. from say.. rcmonster, or elite.. or whoever.. will work on a nitro chassis..
Old 12-21-2012, 12:21 AM
Tech Champion

Do you think there is any chance for a XB9E to come out soon considering they just released a dedicated 1/10 4x4 XB4 buggy?
Old 12-21-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Do you think there is any chance for a XB9E to come out soon considering they just released a dedicated 1/10 4x4 XB4 buggy?
There is rumor of a new ebuggy based off the XB9.. also.. not so much difference from the nitro version.. like they did with the 808e.. not sure when it will come.. but.. there is rumor..

i converted my XB9 with the losi battery tray.. and rcmonster motor mount..

what i would like to see is a battery tray.. that has holes in it.. for the Flex tune option.. that would be slick..
Old 12-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

I hope they keep it like the nitro conversion layout. The 808e handles so much better with the nitro layout as opposed to the electric layout which puts the motor way back.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi!

So, to make it a bit more precise:

Like written in the first post, I Need for a conversion this:

Mugen Eco-6 Radioplate (Part 0328)
Losi 8 Battery plate
rcmonster Motor Mount for the 808
FTW Body for xb9 ("Night Fox"?)

Right?`

Ok, understood so far.

But...what about drilling holes? Are new holes necessary or is it all interchangable without new holes?

Thanks!

Greetings
Sven
Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

that is what Im talkin' about^^^

Old 02-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

i was finally able to get my hands on the K2RC conversion kit. i installed everything.

First thing, the side guards are nice. they alone add the stiffness back into the car that you lose cutting the radio tray and the left side guard.

#2, the battery tray will fit most batteries, however, most batteries are too tall. i use the Turnigy 5000mah hobby king batteries that cost 22 bux. they fit, but are too tall for the carbon strap to hold them in.

#3, the battery tray has a delrin base under it. i personally think this is too tall as well. unless you use a certain type of battery, any bodies wont fit. you will have to shim up your body mounts

#4, i think the battery tray also adds stiffness to the car. without it.. i think there is a little too much flex. i currently am using the AE 8.2 tray. so what i am going to do, is sand down the delrin a few MM to get it lower in the chassis so the batteries clear the body.

#5, the carbon guards are alot narrower than the guards it replaces. there will be a gap between the body and the guards. i use the Proline 8.2e body, and there is a huge gap. originally, the gap was closed off by velcro, not any more.

#6, the servo mount, while i like that it is a stand up mount, similar to current stock form, there is no place for electronics. i personally dont like my stuff sticking out in the air, for dust and dirt. especially since the body is not tight anymore. also, its not a direct replacement. you will have to readjust the linkage and your radio trims.

overall, its a very nice kit. comes allready put together, just bolt it in your car. other than the battery tray being a little bit too tall, its very nice, and i cant wait to trim down the delrin on the tray.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
i was finally able to get my hands on the K2RC conversion kit. i installed everything.

First thing, the side guards are nice. they alone add the stiffness back into the car that you lose cutting the radio tray and the left side guard.

#2, the battery tray will fit most batteries, however, most batteries are too tall. i use the Turnigy 5000mah hobby king batteries that cost 22 bux. they fit, but are too tall for the carbon strap to hold them in.

#3, the battery tray has a delrin base under it. i personally think this is too tall as well. unless you use a certain type of battery, any bodies wont fit. you will have to shim up your body mounts

#4, i think the battery tray also adds stiffness to the car. without it.. i think there is a little too much flex. i currently am using the AE 8.2 tray. so what i am going to do, is sand down the delrin a few MM to get it lower in the chassis so the batteries clear the body.

#5, the carbon guards are alot narrower than the guards it replaces. there will be a gap between the body and the guards. i use the Proline 8.2e body, and there is a huge gap. originally, the gap was closed off by velcro, not any more.

#6, the servo mount, while i like that it is a stand up mount, similar to current stock form, there is no place for electronics. i personally dont like my stuff sticking out in the air, for dust and dirt. especially since the body is not tight anymore. also, its not a direct replacement. you will have to readjust the linkage and your radio trims.

overall, its a very nice kit. comes allready put together, just bolt it in your car. other than the battery tray being a little bit too tall, its very nice, and i cant wait to trim down the delrin on the tray.
I woud be curious to see this buggy once everything is installed, do you have some pics?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

i will work on pictures.. it looks great.. handles great.. the stiffness is back like i want..

i think the battery tray also adds in stiffness.. i used the AE tray until i was able to get the battery tray cut down.. and noticed an improvement with the battery tray installed..

what do you want pictures of? with and without battery.. body on and off?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.