08-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Join Date: Aug 2012
arrma granite quick review
Hey guys first post here to share my experience with the Arrma Granite.
1. The controller is 2.4ghz and works well.
2. You can bang this thing into curbs at full speed and just have to put the turn-buckle back on.
3. The motor seems pretty quick for a brushed.
4. The tires enable this thing good clearance and it does well in grass.
5. The Chassis is nice and narrow.
6. It looks cool, and is $200 RTR
7. Ball bearings.
1. The servo is under-powered imo and needs to be replaced, and it's tough to get at to replace... not a quickie fix. The steering sucks out of the box.
2. The gearing is too high and makes the motor get too hot.
3. The turn buckle ball end pops off way too easily, which also may account for not breaking anything... so can be considered a positive I suppose.
4. Support - tough getting parts to fix this thing.
Overall - If you purchase this truck, get a traxxas or losi servo ($25) and a 15T pinion gear ($4).
With these two upgrades that should have came right out of the box, this truck is formidable I believe and can be a nice option vs a traxxas stampede. This is a nice beginner truck for my kids, takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'