Dex410, Tekin Pro RS and Reedy Sonic 8.5T >

Dex410, Tekin Pro RS and Reedy Sonic 8.5T

Dex410, Tekin Pro RS and Reedy Sonic 8.5T

Old 08-09-2012, 03:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Dex410, Tekin Pro RS and Reedy Sonic 8.5T

Hi all,

I have a DEX410 running a Tekin Pro RS with a Reedy Sonic 8.5T.

Standard Spur (87..?).

Can people please provide me with suggestions on what pinion, boost and Turbo to run as a starting point?

I also noticed that out of the box, the new motor had timming set to 20.
As this is a sensor setup, should i set it back to 0 and only use the esc to do all the controlling...

I have a 22t on it now, running 20 on the motor can, no boost in the esc, but turbo 10 setting 2 after 0.2 sec. Feels slow and motor getting hot...

I also fear I may have done damage in the first 5 minutes, as I somehow managed to set 40 in the esc, 0 on the can and 10 turbo.

Got VERY hot, and did not sound good/normal during teating. No power at all, so I chaned it to the above...

Are they robust, or have I damaged it in those 5 minutes? How do I test for damage...?

Thanks
Old 08-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VizBizTas
Hi all,

I have a DEX410 running a Tekin Pro RS with a Reedy Sonic 8.5T.

Standard Spur (87..?).

Can people please provide me with suggestions on what pinion, boost and Turbo to run as a starting point?

I also noticed that out of the box, the new motor had timming set to 20.
As this is a sensor setup, should i set it back to 0 and only use the esc to do all the controlling...

I have a 22t on it now, running 20 on the motor can, no boost in the esc, but turbo 10 setting 2 after 0.2 sec. Feels slow and motor getting hot...

I also fear I may have done damage in the first 5 minutes, as I somehow managed to set 40 in the esc, 0 on the can and 10 turbo.

Got VERY hot, and did not sound good/normal during teating. No power at all, so I chaned it to the above...

Are they robust, or have I damaged it in those 5 minutes? How do I test for damage...?

Thanks
From what I read before the tekin rep said not to run turbo in off road only boost and timing only .when running boost set the motor timing back to 0.i set esc timing to 100 and start boost at 25 and play with if from there .remember when adding boost you will also lower your pinion size .mabey check with other guys but that's what I do for my set up
Old 08-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah no turbo in offroad and certainly not in mod.

There's a setup sheet for your car with an 8.5 setup on our site:

http://teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESCsetu...ll_TQ_v223.pdf

Should get you close. Gear for your track layout and temps.