R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-03-2005, 01:47 PM   #61
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nick111
I find that when the track is farther away from you, and large, sometimes judging speed to come onto a straight can be hard, especially when it is the farthest point away. You can try and dial out some turning on your radio so you don't affect the way the car jumps. You won't be tempted to oversteer and won't come loose as much. This may actually solve your second problem too, trucks tend to be very twitchy is turning is not dialed out, I know with my truck anything over 115% EPA steering its very very twitchy.
I have a JR XS3 radio. I have everything default fatory settings except, EPA set at 95% to prevent the servo's from getting to the maximum point and damaging them. (Am I wrong to do that?)

What do you mean dial out some turning on my radio. I have never messed with it, I wanted to work on my driving but now with modified I think I need to do something.

As for turning the comm. was this non-sponsored guy still using the original brushes?
nwilcox88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 01:54 PM   #62
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes by dialing out some turning means backing of your EPA
I also use the JR XS3, and have only ever stuffed one servo, and thats because i had it set to 125%. I alway set my EPA to the tightest corner on the track so that i can drive through the slowest corner at a resonable speed without it coming loose in the rear. Then it should be at a good setting for the track
Schumacher Mi4CX
Mugen MTX & MRX

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #63
Tech Regular
Send a message via AIM to Nick111

He was using narrowed XXX brushes with purple springs. I usually start with 150% and almost never back down unless there is way to much turning or little to no traction. Make sure your dual rate is 100% and your ARC/EXP is at either 0 or positive numbers.
Nick111 is offline   Reply With Quote