Wiki Posts
Search

axial terra buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default axial terra buggy

i was thinking about getting one but then i saw the review video on urc it does look terrible to get the body on and off is the any other way around it
Old 08-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ravage
i was thinking about getting one but then i saw the review video on urc it does look terrible to get the body on and off is the any other way around it

As long as you set up everything right from the get go and run good quality electronics, you wont have to remove the cage other then to do normal maintenance. Keep the interior out too. It does more harm then good, plus it makes it that much easier too install and remove the battery. Im used to mine so I still put my battery in from the side. You can still work on it with the cage on by just removing the roof panel, and/or driverside panel. DON'T be discouraged by it! Its just different then what you are probably use too. You WILL love it!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Tech Adept

You shouldn't have to take the body off too often. Once I found the right gearing for our hot summer weather. I haven't really had to take the whole body off. Just separate body panels.

If you have an ESC that plugs into a computer or similar through the reciever wire like mine. Make sure you get some kind of extension from the reciever box. Then you can access your ESC by removing 4 screws on one body panel. Or re route with a longer extension to locate the ESC plug on the battery side for easier access.

If you don't bother with the interior then things get easier still. You can put batteries in through the windshield area, and can even remove the motor and change pinions without removing the cage.

Often things can be accessed just by removing body panels instead of the whole cage.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

ok thank you