Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread >

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Like Tree171Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Old 06-06-2015, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Bent one of the traxxas shafts on the first practice. They appear to be inferior. I dunno. Imma try to break it when we get home. Pray the other one lasts the day. Prob not the ideal car to share with my son in novice class but we do what can.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oPAULo
Bent one of the traxxas shafts on the first practice. They appear to be inferior. I dunno. Imma try to break it when we get home. Pray the other one lasts the day. Prob not the ideal car to share with my son in novice class but we do what can.
It happens, more so with just about any novice driver behind the wheel, but if you son is having fun it's worth it. At least you know how to make more.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
It happens, more so with just about any novice driver behind the wheel, but if you son is having fun it's worth it. At least you know how to make more.
LOL! Having a blast! He qualified on the podium.
Me, not so much..
Old 06-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

The anti-squat .5mm shims. My car has stacks of .25mm washers but they're all stacked to match the manual. What effect does this adjustment have? Just set it and forget it?

My car doesn't have the spacer under the front hinge pin carrier but it looks like this is normal.

Car felt great, I think. Still pretty green but it felt smooth and was stable when you opened it up and all the way down the straight and in the brakes. I need more wheel time. It feels balanced.

Are shock oil weights comparable across brands? I ended up 30wt all around and 2x1.6 all around. The top qualifier let me check out his B5M and he was way heavier on damping. All the cars I felt had firmer damping. It was pretty hot in there today so maybe 30 was light.

Getting some shock shafts and seals ordered up. Wheels and tires. Aluminum servo horn. (Pulled the ball out). Some other odds and ends.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default New to the rb6

Wats up guys I plan on getting back into racing 17.5 class with my new rb6 I believe this kit is a first run because previous owner said it was bought back in 2013 and never assembled.

Wat are some good upgrades that need to b done to the kit?
Good building tips?
Wat brand shock oil should I use on the shocks?

Any others tips much appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gism17
Wats up guys I plan on getting back into racing 17.5 class with my new rb6 I believe this kit is a first run because previous owner said it was bought back in 2013 and never assembled.

Wat are some good upgrades that need to b done to the kit?
Good building tips?
Wat brand shock oil should I use on the shocks?

Any others tips much appreciated. Thanks
Aluminum rear hangers for the extra tuning options. I also got the lightweight top shaft and avid slipper system. MIP pucks will help drop weight as well as the lightweight aluminum chassis, but these two upgrades can be pricey. Titanium turnbuckles will help drop weight and are reasonably affordable.

I use AE oil since my LHS stocks AE oil. Oil doesn't really matter so long as your stick with one brand. There is no standard between the different manufactures, so Losi's 30 may or may not be the same as AE's 30.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I've been using AE oil recently as well.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

Are all buggy wheels created equal? Looking at some pre mounted tires.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Are all buggy wheels created equal? Looking at some pre mounted tires.
No. They all have slightly different tolerances, clearances, and weights. Some have recessed nut wells while others may be flush.

I like AKA premounted Chain Links. The wheels fit with enough axle to screw a nut onto.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
No. They all have slightly different tolerances, clearances, and weights. Some have recessed nut wells while others may be flush.

I like AKA premounted Chain Links. The wheels fit with enough axle to screw a nut onto.
Thanks kindly man!! That's exactly the tire I was looking at. I'm running the pucks setup so the axles are plenty long. Don't see premounted fronts though.
Speaking of which, when I got the car, the pucks were just about worn through to the shaft so I ordered some more plus the screws and pins and loctite cause I knew I was going to have to cut them off there after I ruined all the screws trying to get them apart. I'll be danged if every single one didn't come right apart. Super sweet setup! All I had to replace was $3 worth of pucks and it's just like new. Feels great! No binding. Wicked smooth and quiet. Highly recommended.

Anyway, I looked up the TQ at the track and searched him out in the pits and that's what he was running. Super softs. Super nice guy too. Answered all my questions. Said he was hardcore RB6 until he picked up an Associated sponsor. Those B5M's really are nice.

But my first RC car, some 26 years ago, was a by God Ultima so I'm tryna have some good karma here.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:40 AM
Tech Addict

I searched for almost an hour and found nothing...

What is the type-c front suspension mount??
I know type-b is original but stronger. Is type-c wider??
Old 06-08-2015, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The "C" mount is for the RB5 SP. It is a wider suspension mount. Stick with the stock "B" mount.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
Aluminum rear hangers for the extra tuning options. I also got the lightweight top shaft and avid slipper system. MIP pucks will help drop weight as well as the lightweight aluminum chassis, but these two upgrades can be pricey. Titanium turnbuckles will help drop weight and are reasonably affordable.

I use AE oil since my LHS stocks AE oil. Oil doesn't really matter so long as your stick with one brand. There is no standard between the different manufactures, so Losi's 30 may or may not be the same as AE's 30.
Thanks for the help bro I'm looking into those parts latter today! Any other input is much appreciated
Old 06-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I searched for almost an hour and found nothing...

What is the type-c front suspension mount??
I know type-b is original but stronger. Is type-c wider??
They are different widths. What specifically are you looking for? The the block or the aluminum piece that sits in the front bumper. Btw, stick with the type -b.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by motorfinger
The "C" mount is for the RB5 SP. It is a wider suspension mount. Stick with the stock "B" mount.

Originally Posted by cnelson3
They are different widths. What specifically are you looking for? The the block or the aluminum piece that sits in the front bumper. Btw, stick with the type -b.
Excellent. Amain kept bringing up both when I searched RB6. When I replaced the servo horn I found the block was cracked on both sides but luckily the car came with a spare. The aluminum support looks fine though. No slop in the holes and it's never come off.

Thanks again guys. Hopefully I can move up the ranks on Saturday. I got faster every heat but still 2 seconds off the pace at the front. I could click off 2 or 3 good laps though so I know the car is close. I just get so dang nervous on the stand. One heat they announced I was in second and just turned fast lap for the heat and I completly fell apart. I was physically shaking. Good lord....
Maybe I need to wear headphones. Or get me a lil' flask. Haha!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.