Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC.Jon22
Hey guys - I tried to search the thread for an answer, but didn't find anything, so here it goes...

Does anyone have problems with the front suspension mount bending or wearing out? It seems like I have to replace this part quite often, along with the front hinge pin brace due to bending. I did get the newer version of the hinge pin brace, and it's been good for awhile, but the front suspension mount seems to move or stretch out. I'm not crashing (lol) so I'm not sure what the problem is. Does anyone make an aluminum one yet?
Stil running the front suspension hanger that came with my car... front end has near zero slop. Feels like the day I built it. The back end has some slop however.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC.Jon22
Hey guys - I tried to search the thread for an answer, but didn't find anything, so here it goes...

Does anyone have problems with the front suspension mount bending or wearing out? It seems like I have to replace this part quite often, along with the front hinge pin brace due to bending. I did get the newer version of the hinge pin brace, and it's been good for awhile, but the front suspension mount seems to move or stretch out. I'm not crashing (lol) so I'm not sure what the problem is. Does anyone make an aluminum one yet?
I have noticed the same thing. The pivot block is like rubber.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Stil running the front suspension hanger that came with my car... front end has near zero slop. Feels like the day I built it. The back end has some slop however.
Ditto. Haven't had any issues with the front block

I seem to recall that Ghea had a weighted brass front block? This may have been for the narrower WC front though?
Old 03-13-2013, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

want to put this bad boy on a diet. I just installed the Lunsford Turnbuckles and want to finish it off with the Lunsford ball studs. I don't see a kit online anyone have any input?
Old 03-13-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have been making some tools for kyosho cars for a couple months now and would love to share them with as many kyosho drivers as possible. The first tool is a kyosho shock tool for removing the shock cartridge, its a great replacement for the one that comes with the kit and strips out easly. It costs $12 in the u.s and 15 overseas. the second tool s a turn buckle wrench that has three sizes on it. the one side has 2 sizes in it that fit the kyosho turnbuckles as well as the lundsford and ae turnbuckle. it will also fit durangos and any car with a 4mm turmbuckle. the other side is 5.5mm and fits all kyosho 10th scale trucks, the losi 4wd sc and some 8th scale vehicles This wrench is $17 in the u.s. and $19 for over seas. if any of you are interested please email me at [email protected] as i am not always on the forums. thank you for your time and i hope to be able to provide some of you some great tools..
Old 03-13-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eper
I have been making some tools for kyosho cars for a couple months now and would love to share them with as many kyosho drivers as possible. The first tool is a kyosho shock tool for removing the shock cartridge, its a great replacement for the one that comes with the kit and strips out easly. It costs $12 in the u.s and 15 overseas. the second tool s a turn buckle wrench that has three sizes on it. the one side has 2 sizes in it that fit the kyosho turnbuckles as well as the lundsford and ae turnbuckle. it will also fit durangos and any car with a 4mm turmbuckle. the other side is 5.5mm and fits all kyosho 10th scale trucks, the losi 4wd sc and some 8th scale vehicles This wrench is $17 in the u.s. and $19 for over seas. if any of you are interested please email me at [email protected] as i am not always on the forums. thank you for your time and i hope to be able to provide some of you some great tools..
can you upload some pics?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Most of you using the stock red o-rings in the shocks or the clear x-rings?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Todd Putnam
Most of you using the stock red o-rings in the shocks or the clear x-rings?
I haven't had an issue with either the stock red o-rings, or the clear x-rings. BUt, I decided to try the traxxas blue x-rings and they feel every bit as good, and work every bit as good as these two kyosho options, and they are dirt cheap. None of them leak, and none of them stick... Can't go wrong with any of these options I think.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
want to put this bad boy on a diet. I just installed the Lunsford Turnbuckles and want to finish it off with the Lunsford ball studs. I don't see a kit online anyone have any input?
Brandon any input on the ball studs?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:54 AM
Tech Lord

Brandon any input on the ball studs?
I run lunsford everything on my cars... I run a full set of lunsford ball studs, turnbuckles, AND fatboy motor screws (best money I have spent in RC). I did some weighing of the turnbuckles, and you save about 4 or 5 grams total. (wasn't a very accurate scale though) Add in the ballstuds, and I bet you are at 6. So not a big difference, but it all adds up. If weight is an issue, that is the combo I would run (all lunsford). If strength and reliability is your goal, I would run lunsford ballstuds, and the stock turnbuckles. Even though the stock turnbuckles are a tad heavier, they are a bit stronger.

The best way to save weight, is use a light speedo (i run an lrp sxxv2), a shorty lipo (-100gr), and a lopro servo (-10gr)
Old 03-13-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

I run lunsford everything on my cars... I run a full set of lunsford ball studs, turnbuckles, AND fatboy motor screws (best money I have spent in RC). I did some weighing of the turnbuckles, and you save about 4 or 5 grams total. (wasn't a very accurate scale though) Add in the ballstuds, and I bet you are at 6. So not a big difference, but it all adds up. If weight is an issue, that is the combo I would run (all lunsford). If strength and reliability is your goal, I would run lunsford ballstuds, and the stock turnbuckles. Even though the stock turnbuckles are a tad heavier, they are a bit stronger.

The best way to save weight, is use a light speedo (i run an lrp sxxv2), a shorty lipo (-100gr), and a lopro servo (-10gr)
I put on the lunsford turnbuckles with the ballcups. Just ordered the shorty lipo and running the team orion r10Pro. The servo is a Futaba BLS451 which is 58 grams. Just thinking the only other thing to do is the ballstuds but noticed that Lunsford does not have the kit for them. Looks like I would have to buy individual sets. Which ones did you use?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I used the Lunsford ballstud kit for the RB5. The only thing I did different was get an extra pair of the 8mm studs for the caster blocks.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Lord

I put on the lunsford turnbuckles with the ballcups. Just ordered the shorty lipo and running the team orion r10Pro. The servo is a Futaba BLS451 which is 58 grams. Just thinking the only other thing to do is the ballstuds but noticed that Lunsford does not have the kit for them. Looks like I would have to buy individual sets. Which ones did you use?
The kit for the RB5 will work just fine!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ll-Stud-Kit-14

If you have been running a ~300 gram lipo, and are moving to a shorty, that will be a HUGE improvement. I was running a 451 also (love the BLS series servos), but switched to the 551.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

The kit for the RB5 will work just fine!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ll-Stud-Kit-14

If you have been running a ~300 gram lipo, and are moving to a shorty, that will be a HUGE improvement. I was running a 451 also (love the BLS series servos), but switched to the 551.
What about the Scr kit
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ll-Stud-Kit-12 couple of dollars cheaper?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Lord

What about the Scr kit
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ll-Stud-Kit-12 couple of dollars cheaper?
Should work just fine! I wonder if there is even a difference (edit: I think it's the exact same pieces... somebody know for sure?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.