R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

  2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

  2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).


Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Like Tree17Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2016, 05:20 AM   #12916
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 144
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Question in regards to RB6 2015 kit. (Sorry if already been asked before).
I just restarting RC after 2 years stop and thinking re-purchase RB6.

Do the 2015 kit come with Aluminum Steering Plate?
or do I need to purchase separately like the old kit.

The information from website doesn't explain it.
skyworldcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:26 AM   #12917
Tech Elite
 
1armed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 3,075
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1armed1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyworldcity View Post
Question in regards to RB6 2015 kit. (Sorry if already been asked before).
I just restarting RC after 2 years stop and thinking re-purchase RB6.

Do the 2015 kit come with Aluminum Steering Plate?
or do I need to purchase separately like the old kit.

The information from website doesn't explain it.
The aluminum steering is not included in the 2015 kit.
1armed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:24 AM   #12918
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 144
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Thanks 1armed1.

I will include one in my cart.
skyworldcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:31 AM   #12919
Tech Regular
 
oPAULo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Bedford, IN
Posts: 460
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Had a heck of a good time at the chili dump and Trackside raceway in Wisconsin . Finished mid pack in my first ever 17.5 race. I have all the Yaiba aluminum stuff on my car plus the old standard chassis and I think it really weighs the car down. I'm 100 grams over weight. It clearly didn't have the acceleration most others have. My driveline is smooth but haven't put much focus on making it really spin free since I always run mod.

Kiddo won sportsman class out of 18 entries with his RB6.

RB6's are a rare sight at the track lately.
oPAULo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:54 PM   #12920
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston TX (formally Sou CA)
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyworldcity View Post
Thanks 1armed1.

I will include one in my cart.
Arms and inner hinge pins too as backup. Alum hubs are some a thing you want later too.

I've seen the newer plastic steering rack handle a lot better lately. When the kit first shipped, the steering rack was the first to go.
__________________
"Tinkering with Toy Cars that go around in circles"
OCRC | Club R/C | Mike's Gulf Coast | Kyosho RB6 ZX6 MP9E
Kuya_Kimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:58 AM   #12921
Tech Master
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to 13Maschine
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1armed1 View Post
The aluminum steering is not included in the 2015 kit.
I'd suggest the Schelle steering rack. It's awesome and gives you another layer of adjustments, not to mention a very high quality piece, with bearings to support.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...hl1042/p300379
__________________
SoCal R/C Privateer, find me at either OCRC or SCVRC!
My JUNSI POWERED Rides: Xray XB2 CE, Hot Bodies D413, Kyosho RB6, HobbyWing Xerun 3.1, Futaba 4PX, Futaba and MKS Servos, Speed Passion Hirosaka and HW V10 Powerplants!
First car Kyosho Pegasus and RC10CE! More than 25 years Racing! Happy to lend a helping hand. Just ask! :)
13Maschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:06 AM   #12922
Tech Master
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to 13Maschine
Default

I'm considering a low profile servo for my RB6 and I wanted to get the forum opinion:

I'm looking at this:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...l575sl/p450998

or

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...i-3402/p448663

Open to suggestions as well, but looking on the higher end as I am currently using this:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...tm0720/p211998
__________________
SoCal R/C Privateer, find me at either OCRC or SCVRC!
My JUNSI POWERED Rides: Xray XB2 CE, Hot Bodies D413, Kyosho RB6, HobbyWing Xerun 3.1, Futaba 4PX, Futaba and MKS Servos, Speed Passion Hirosaka and HW V10 Powerplants!
First car Kyosho Pegasus and RC10CE! More than 25 years Racing! Happy to lend a helping hand. Just ask! :)
13Maschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:52 PM   #12923
Tech Regular
 
badKarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Madison, WI/Miami, FL
Posts: 443
Send a message via AIM to badKarma Send a message via Yahoo to badKarma
Default

considering an RB6 as a first off road race platform. Would this be a suitable kit for an off road beginner? I have built a few on road cars in the past, however, I am hearing the the Kyosho's instruction manual is not very user friendly, however, I have fallen in love with this car...any thoughts? Thank you.
badKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:04 PM   #12924
Tech Regular
 
dmcguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Raynham, MA
Posts: 288
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

I wouldn't be worried at all about this being your first Offroad build. Just get familiar with the parts and steps before beginning.

Check out the manual here and there are exploded views if you feel overwhelmed.
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...IMA_RB6_IM.pdf
dmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:17 PM   #12925
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badKarma View Post
considering an RB6 as a first off road race platform. Would this be a suitable kit for an off road beginner? I have built a few on road cars in the past, however, I am hearing the the Kyosho's instruction manual is not very user friendly, however, I have fallen in love with this car...any thoughts? Thank you.
The Kyosho kits are nice, however... Well, I started with TLR 22 SCT then Ten-SCTE, racing both of them. I was looking for a buggy and I got a great deal on an RB6 with a lot of upgrades (all Kyosho aluminum parts) and tons of spares. I am finding that the RB6 is a little more difficult to find a good starting setup compared to my TLR kits. Also, if you look at most of the pro setups, they have gone to a sideways shorty but you have to grind down the chassis and cut the side rails to make that happen.

What I have come to think, and this was confirmed by talking to some fellow racers recently, is that the Kyosho kit requires more skill in setup tuning to get it just right for a track. I have been told by others that have owned RB6 and comparable AE/TLR kits that the RB6 is way more setup sensitive and has a more narrow tuning range that will work for you. The AE B5m and TLR 22 (2.0 and 3.0) are much more forgiving in comparison.

So take that for what it's worth... I just put together a 22 3.0 with kit setup and in two weeks I'll get to compare it with the RB6 I have been working on for a few months. Based on my lap times, I will be keeping one and figuring out what to do with the other!

You'll also want to factor in, if you're racing, whether there are any experienced guys locally running whatever kit you decide on that you can ask for advice. Another factor is parts availability and cost in your area.

I think the RB6 is a great kit, but I don't think it's for everyone.
Callaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:18 PM   #12926
Tech Master
 
RokleM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 1,484
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badKarma View Post
considering an RB6 as a first off road race platform. Would this be a suitable kit for an off road beginner? I have built a few on road cars in the past, however, I am hearing the the Kyosho's instruction manual is not very user friendly, however, I have fallen in love with this car...any thoughts? Thank you.
Not being a RC newbie and having dealt with Tekno for the past couple years who arguably has some of the best instruction manuals in the industry... The Kyosho has a lot to be desired That being said you'll probably be fine. It's not an overly complex kit to build with only a few complications (like ball diff, mid/rear motor, etc).

The setup sheet on the other hand will make your head explode. Not only does it not show what is actually changing on the car (like the amount of rear toe, how do you even calculate antisquat, etc), but it's quite difficult to read. I would suggest if you know another Kyosho driver in your area, to have them explain the different areas of the sheet and what they are directly stating, or what the "blank" is implying you should change
__________________
- Eric G. -
Tekno EB48.3, NB48.3, ET48.3, NT48.3, Kyosho RB6, RT6
Sponsored by: TeknoRC, REDS Racing USA, Pro-Line Racing, Agency-Z, Krawl Off-Road
RokleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:20 PM   #12927
Tech Regular
 
badKarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Madison, WI/Miami, FL
Posts: 443
Send a message via AIM to badKarma Send a message via Yahoo to badKarma
Default

appreciate that...what are some steering servo and battery suggestions for the RB6? Nothing to break the bank though...
badKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:25 PM   #12928
Tech Master
 
RokleM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 1,484
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badKarma View Post
appreciate that...what are some steering servo and battery suggestions for the RB6? Nothing to break the bank though...
I'm irritated at nearly all the servo manufactures, so I'm a bad one to ask there. I'm not impressed with nearly any of them, unless you'd like to spend half the price of the kit on one servo.

On the battery, hard to go wrong here. It is out of stock though, so hit them up for when they're coming in next.
http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=121
__________________
- Eric G. -
Tekno EB48.3, NB48.3, ET48.3, NT48.3, Kyosho RB6, RT6
Sponsored by: TeknoRC, REDS Racing USA, Pro-Line Racing, Agency-Z, Krawl Off-Road
RokleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:09 PM   #12929
Tech Regular
 
badKarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Madison, WI/Miami, FL
Posts: 443
Send a message via AIM to badKarma Send a message via Yahoo to badKarma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway View Post
The Kyosho kits are nice, however... Well, I started with TLR 22 SCT then Ten-SCTE, racing both of them. I was looking for a buggy and I got a great deal on an RB6 with a lot of upgrades (all Kyosho aluminum parts) and tons of spares. I am finding that the RB6 is a little more difficult to find a good starting setup compared to my TLR kits. Also, if you look at most of the pro setups, they have gone to a sideways shorty but you have to grind down the chassis and cut the side rails to make that happen.

What I have come to think, and this was confirmed by talking to some fellow racers recently, is that the Kyosho kit requires more skill in setup tuning to get it just right for a track. I have been told by others that have owned RB6 and comparable AE/TLR kits that the RB6 is way more setup sensitive and has a more narrow tuning range that will work for you. The AE B5m and TLR 22 (2.0 and 3.0) are much more forgiving in comparison.

So take that for what it's worth... I just put together a 22 3.0 with kit setup and in two weeks I'll get to compare it with the RB6 I have been working on for a few months. Based on my lap times, I will be keeping one and figuring out what to do with the other!

You'll also want to factor in, if you're racing, whether there are any experienced guys locally running whatever kit you decide on that you can ask for advice. Another factor is parts availability and cost in your area.

I think the RB6 is a great kit, but I don't think it's for everyone.
great points...this is exactly what I was concerned about...
badKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:07 PM   #12930
Tech Regular
 
GIHOSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 275
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badKarma View Post
appreciate that...what are some steering servo and battery suggestions for the RB6? Nothing to break the bank though...
Check out the Hitec 8775MG servo, it is light and strong. I like the Vant and Fantom batteries because they perform well, both sell at a good price.
__________________
Cruizin with RC's in Waldwick, NJ... check it out!

KYOSHO - RB6.6 17.5 Turf ~ RB6 17.5 ~ RB6 ~ RZ6 Turf ~ RT6 Turf ~ SC6 17.5 ~ SC6 ~ SC6 Turf ~ ST-RR Evo.2E
TEKNO - SCT-410 ~ SCT-410.3
GIHOSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. old_skoolie Australian Racing 22971 Yesterday 08:14 PM
Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island Asharus Northeast Racing Forum 15020 10-08-2017 07:30 PM
Kyosho Ultima RB5 Thread Drift_Buggy Electric Off-Road 14641 11-10-2015 08:28 AM
Kyosho Ultima SC aeRayls Electric Off-Road 2599 04-27-2014 04:30 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:36 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net