R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

  2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

  2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).


Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #106
Tech Elite
 
SUPERLOOPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dalton,Ga
Posts: 2,238
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfury View Post
I am in that same group Mr. Looper.

If you see one in the flesh anytime soon, it won't be mine.

Also, I reserve the right to change my mind later or purchase used. I have been known to be wishy washy.
Yes, yes you have. I do like the looks of the car. Hope to see you soon.

Brian
__________________
2017 Sponsors:
Team SOARSEIKI * AKA * Reds * Sanwa * Nitro Pro fuel * LFR * On point graphics * Xpert * M2C * Daytona RC paint
Brian Looper
SUPERLOOPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #107
Tech Elite
 
Rfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NW Ga
Posts: 4,503
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rfury Send a message via Yahoo to Rfury
Default

I just had a random thought.

Does the RB6 use the same wheels as the RB5?
__________________
Kyosho RB6
Kyosho ZX6
Kyosho MP9e TKI
Rfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #108
Tech Elite
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfury View Post
I just had a random thought.

Does the RB6 use the same wheels as the RB5?
Yeah at least on fronts, it was same front hex in one pic. Rears I dont know but this not being Durango, they have standards.
__________________
MP9 TKI3 | ZX6 | RB6 | MBX7r Eco
aloksatoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #109
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfury View Post
I just had a random thought.

Does the RB6 use the same wheels as the RB5?
It looks like the same hex size!

I'm really looking forward, to get this beauty!
Fatal1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #110
Tech Elite
 
Rfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NW Ga
Posts: 4,503
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rfury Send a message via Yahoo to Rfury
Default

The hex I expect to fit, it is the offset I was more curious about.
__________________
Kyosho RB6
Kyosho ZX6
Kyosho MP9e TKI
Rfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #111
Tech Addict
 
carcrusher46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the 'burgh
Posts: 648
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

The current existing rims will work front and rear - much of the buggy is different, but any existing rims and tires will work.
__________________
Matt Stoltz
Thank you to my sponsors:
Team Associated - Reedy - JConcepts - Life Fast RC Paintworks
carcrusher46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #112
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,648
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

nobody knows the "real price yet" but 400+for a buggy is pretty steep imo! the main thing is that nobody has driven one nor built one yet to see if it is really worth it! im gonna do alota homework on this car before i pull the trigger on this car.as we all know..new platforms come with kinks and new setups.im gonna continue to run my wc till i see it and drive it.parts availability is another factor! i can barely get tki2 parts locally. jmho! car looks good though!
toyota 2jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #113
Tech Fanatic
 
big chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Posts: 751
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota 2jz View Post
nobody knows the "real price yet"
449.99 on GSHobby, Amain, etc..... We will have parts when the cars release.

Anyone notice how thin and almost dished the front wheels look in one of the pics from that press release link?
__________________
B6 Carpet
B6 Clay
B6D dirt
SC5M

Last edited by big chris; 08-01-2012 at 02:36 PM.
big chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #114
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

If you can't afford the car, or don't want to spend 450$ on one then don't, go get a b4 or a traxxas bandit and gtfo out of this thread. It would be nice to read some relevant and mature discussion on the car rather than 6 pages of people whining about its price or making completely unfounded claims about its ability to produce traction.
On a different note, and for the sake of keeping this thread somewhat on track, I think this car looks great, I have pre-ordered two. One will be a race only vehicle and the other for testing and tuning. I think the battery layout is a great feature, it will certainly be nice to have a car that accommodates saddle, stick, and shorty packs without having to always change the position of the speedo and other electronics. Glad to hear the stock springs are X-gear, and that there is a small degree of parts cross-compatibility between the RB5 and 6. The alum steering rack looks like a great design, definitely a nice addition.
I feel that this car is on par with the new generation of buggies, i.e., the dex210 and the 22....however, I am glad those car have been out for a while and I'm hoping the Kyosho engineers learned from the mistakes and shortcoming of those cars and were able to create a superior product. Guess, only time will tell....
Entr0phy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #115
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,181
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entr0phy View Post
If you can't afford the car, or don't want to spend 450$ on one then don't, go get a b4 or a traxxas bandit and gtfo out of this thread. It would be nice to read some relevant and mature discussion on the car rather than 6 pages of people whining about its price or making completely unfounded claims about its ability to produce traction.
On a different note, and for the sake of keeping this thread somewhat on track, I think this car looks great, I have pre-ordered two. One will be a race only vehicle and the other for testing and tuning. I think the battery layout is a great feature, it will certainly be nice to have a car that accommodates saddle, stick, and shorty packs without having to always change the position of the speedo and other electronics. Glad to hear the stock springs are X-gear, and that there is a small degree of parts cross-compatibility between the RB5 and 6. The alum steering rack looks like a great design, definitely a nice addition.
I feel that this car is on par with the new generation of buggies, i.e., the dex210 and the 22....however, I am glad those car have been out for a while and I'm hoping the Kyosho engineers learned from the mistakes and shortcoming of those cars and were able to create a superior product. Guess, only time will tell....
+1. Let's keep this thread on track.
Kane-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #116
Tech Elite
 
Derry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonds,WA
Posts: 2,255
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Chuck Norris thinks this buggy is badass.... Can't argue with Chuck.
__________________
Associated B64D
Associated B6D
Derry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #117
Tech Fanatic
 
dmatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Galloway, Ohio
Posts: 860
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

For 450 or more dollars I hope they put some bleeder screws in those new shock caps Maybe they will widen the tire mounting area/bead area, so you can mount tires without trimming. Other then that, it looks they took a 22 said this this and this are junk and heres how you fix it
dmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #118
Tech Elite
 
Rfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NW Ga
Posts: 4,503
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rfury Send a message via Yahoo to Rfury
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatter View Post
For 450 or more dollars I hope they put some bleeder screws in those new shock caps Maybe they will widen the tire mounting area/bead area, so you can mount tires without trimming. Other then that, it looks they took a 22 said this this and this are junk and heres how you fix it
You don't need bleeder screws on bottom fill shocks.
__________________
Kyosho RB6
Kyosho ZX6
Kyosho MP9e TKI
Rfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #119
Tech Adept
 
KarBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 113
Default

This buggy looks great, I like the new adjustability with the mid and rear motor configurations. Just like the Losi 22 and the Durango Dex210, more value for the buyers.
__________________
---------------------------------------
MP9 TKi3, Alpha A852, Futaba 4PKS
http://www.krylboverkstader.se
KarBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #120
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,083
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarBro View Post
This buggy looks great, I like the new adjustability with the mid and rear motor configurations. Just like the Losi 22 and the Durango Dex210, more value for the buyers.
Except I bet this car actually works great in mid motor, unlike the 22... and works great in rear motor, unlike the dex210.
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. old_skoolie Australian Racing 22936 08-14-2017 04:25 AM
Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island Asharus Northeast Racing Forum 15013 06-22-2017 04:17 PM
Kyosho Ultima RB5 Thread Drift_Buggy Electric Off-Road 14641 11-10-2015 08:28 AM
Kyosho Ultima SC aeRayls Electric Off-Road 2599 04-27-2014 04:30 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:09 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net