Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread >

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Like Tree171Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Old 10-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

Angry

Originally Posted by spdrac430
is there an aluminum steering rack yet for the rb6
I have heard of breakages in this area and none in UK.

However what we don't know is what the driver(s) did or hit etc.

Either way v good car from UK feedback
Old 10-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Sorry, big wave Dave... I can't figure out why you're having such a hard time with simple shock bushings.... The standard shock bushings that go into the lower eyelets, also go into the tops. They fit loose until you start to tighten down the metal lock nut onto the bolt... Eventually the bushing gets squished, expanding into the shock cap. Tighten enough to take out the play, but loose enough that the shock still moves freely. You don't use the plastic nuts, you use the metal ones supplied with the kit. I just dont understand the confusion.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
I get what you're saying now and see the confusion - the same part, #11, is used in both the shock cap and the lower shock eyelet. But the manual refers to it as a 5.8mm and a 4.8mm bushing. The manual is incorrect, but the design is correct. The upper shock cap bushings should be loose and do not snap into the shock caps like they did on the RB5. This was the way it was intended.

I don't really know about the quantity of locknuts in the kit, I ended up using anodized aluminum locknuts on my build. FWIW, if you look at the pics of Tebo's car used as the advertisement, it shows the plastic nuts being used. If your kit is missing parts you feel should be in there, give Kyosho America a call, I'm sure they'll be happy to rectify the situation. Hope the rest of the build has gone well for you. Once you hit the track, you'll forget all about the goofy manual
Wish I had more time to talk with you tonight at West Coast, Was there with my brother helping him get his big bores for his B4.1 and Avid Triad slipper and had to run from West Coast to OC/RC to complete it. Will see you around am sure.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I finished my roller build tonight, and I have to say, it is the best/smoothest build iv ever done. Went together like butter.

I did have two things to mention (issues).

A) I find it strange the kit doesn't come with the new vented slipper system. And...
B) my kit was missing the washers that go on either side of the slipper spring. I had to steal the ones off my WC. Anybody have a phone number to call for my missing parts?
Old 10-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
I finished my roller build tonight, and I have to say, it is the best/smoothest build iv ever done. Went together like butter.

A) I find it strange the kit doesn't come with the new vented slipper system. And...
B) my kit was missing the washers that go on either side of the slipper spring. I had to steal the ones off my WC. Anybody have a phone number to call for my missing parts?
Kyosho America

949-454-8854
Old 10-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Mine were on the tree with the old useless plastic Hexes. But loose in the bag.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

A) I was thinking the same thing. Was thinking of pulling it off my WC but I'll see how it goes.

B) like jpcopeland one of mine had fallen off and was loose in the bag. The other was still on the tree. I think I prefer the WC slipper system.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I couldn't find the slipper pieces and just went with the WC.

I've used flanged nylocks on my rb5 with success so went with them on the rb6 tower. A plastic shim to save the shock cap in between if you want to.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1210 (100%+)

The slipper washers are on a plastic tree with the plastic hexes. I looked for aluminum ones for like 10 minutes.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Legend

Sorry, big wave Dave... I can't figure out why you're having such a hard time with simple shock bushings.... The standard shock bushings that go into the lower eyelets, also go into the tops. They fit loose until you start to tighten down the metal lock nut onto the bolt... Eventually the bushing gets squished, expanding into the shock cap. Tighten enough to take out the play, but loose enough that the shock still moves freely. You don't use the plastic nuts, you use the metal ones supplied with the kit. I just dont understand the confusion.
Manual clearly says plastic nuts. Manual clearly says 5.8mm bushing for the top. Manual says nothing about squishing the bushing in English or Japanese. I could understand if it was missed in translation. Its not that big of a deal. There just wasn't a clear answer here on how to make it work. I will call on Monday and see what kyosho says.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

So im not the only one that thought the slipper washers were missing I was looking for steel or alum parts.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Thank RodneyB for taking the time.
on Amain site it shows the the shared parts but not as detailed as the the sheets you found, as far as every part goes.
but the pics help when referencing what i read and see their also Infernosonly, at Stormer you better already know what your lookn' for.
ems
Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigwavedave33
Manual clearly says plastic nuts. Manual clearly says 5.8mm bushing for the top. Manual says nothing about squishing the bushing in English or Japanese. I could understand if it was missed in translation. Its not that big of a deal. There just wasn't a clear answer here on how to make it work. I will call on Monday and see what kyosho says.
Here's my issue with "squishing and expanding" the plastic bushings. Yeah it works to take up the slack when assembling the car, but the bushings will expand on both the OD and the ID, so when it comes time to remove the shocks for setup/service/whatever, the bushings will be stuck to the threads of the mounting bolt and be a PIA to remove. Then you will have to drill it out to make it serviceable. Shock bushings are not an easy part to drill. Starting to border on too much secret handshake custom work to make it right, maybe the big K did make a mistake, which isn't a big deal they're human after all.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Eric Tomczyk
Here's my issue with "squishing and expanding" the plastic bushings. Yeah it works to take up the slack when assembling the car, but the bushings will expand on both the OD and the ID, so when it comes time to remove the shocks for setup/service/whatever, the bushings will be stuck to the threads of the mounting bolt and be a PIA to remove. Then you will have to drill it out to make it serviceable. Shock bushings are not an easy part to drill. Starting to border on too much secret handshake custom work to make it right, maybe the big K did make a mistake, which isn't a big deal they're human after all.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I am thinking I screwed up my shocks. I had no issues, squishing or trouble. Yikes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.