R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Like Tree25Likes

Old 12-04-2014, 11:26 AM   #11191
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Any rumors on a 3gear transmisson for MM like The B5M?
Old 12-05-2014, 05:52 AM   #11192
Tech Adept

Fellow RB6er's,

I have a tremendous problem with my usually well behaved RB6. As of late I cannot finish a heat without something in my transmition failing. It is mostly spur gears and idlers. I did also have an axle come apart as well, but that may have been unrelated.

This started when I made the move from a very small indoor track with very small jumps to a decent sized indoor track with some nice jumps.

I've replaced everything in the transmition system several times, new pinions new spur gear, new slipper, new top shaft, new idlers, new bearings, switched between ball diff and gear diff as well.

I am in desperate need of help. My kyosho has been very good to me in the past, but I my next move is to try a different brand.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2014, 06:24 AM   #11193

Trader Rating: 462 (100%+)

Never had those issues before...what motor are you running? Some guys who stay on the throttle hard upon landing can have those issues. Mid motor or rear? Motor plate loose?

I am jealous that you race at BeachRc!

Awesome track. It looks smooth enough and you should not be having those issues. Sotck spur or avid/schelle?

Looking forward to coming down and racing with you. Did you run last night?

Matt
Old 12-05-2014, 07:20 AM   #11194
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillypete View Post
Fellow RB6er's,

I have a tremendous problem with my usually well behaved RB6. As of late I cannot finish a heat without something in my transmition failing. It is mostly spur gears and idlers. I did also have an axle come apart as well, but that may have been unrelated.

This started when I made the move from a very small indoor track with very small jumps to a decent sized indoor track with some nice jumps.

I've replaced everything in the transmition system several times, new pinions new spur gear, new slipper, new top shaft, new idlers, new bearings, switched between ball diff and gear diff as well.

I am in desperate need of help. My kyosho has been very good to me in the past, but I my next move is to try a different brand.

Thanks!
Make sure you didn't over tighten the transmission screws... especially the short screw that doesn't attach to the motor plate and the 2 behind the shock tower that attach to the rear bulkhead (in mm).
rpboggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:26 AM   #11195
Tech Rookie

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

what elec set-ups are best for mm, high bite? run everything back? i'll be running shorty packs.

thank you!
cactuskdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:29 AM   #11196
Tech Rookie

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Racing View Post
It's mostly for the stock RB6 rear arms, but I suppose you could do the mod to the "flat" arms too if you really wanted to.

um521 and um521-1 are the two flat arms that most have used, with most opting for the 521-1.
Thank you for the feedback!!
cactuskdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:45 AM   #11197
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Quote:
Fellow RB6er's,

Thanks!
Also make sure you are using the correct idler gear and the bearings are free and smooth. A bad bearing can destroy your tranny of you aren't careful
dpcardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:15 AM   #11198
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Quote:
Fellow RB6er's,

Thanks!
Is it possible the slipper is too tight? Are you running an aluminum idler?
cnelson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #11199
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posvar View Post
Never had those issues before...what motor are you running? Some guys who stay on the throttle hard upon landing can have those issues. Mid motor or rear? Motor plate loose?

I am jealous that you race at BeachRc!

Awesome track. It looks smooth enough and you should not be having those issues. Sotck spur or avid/schelle?

Looking forward to coming down and racing with you. Did you run last night?

Matt
I'm running a 7.5, but I turn it down depending on the grip.

I'm an 1/8th scale nitro buggy guy at heart, so I might be guilty of being hard on the throttle when I land. Is it that I can't be on the throttle at all at landing or just not full wood. I usually like to jump nose down and then use the throttle to push the rear tires down on landing. Like I said at our old track we didn't have jumps that were big enough to even worry about flying the buggy, so I'm new to this.

I'm running the stock slipper, but I'm thinking of upgrading whats the best avid or schelle?

The new facility is so much fun. The track is so much fun to drive. That's why I hate having these issues. I love the way it all flows together.

We did run our usual club race last night. Turn out was decent, but we didn't expect too many folks to make it out because of the race this weekend at the badlands. We did have a bunch of racers stop by to check it out. Adam Drake stopped in for a tour and hung out in the pits for a little while. He even posted up some photos on his FB page!

There should be an announcement going up very soon about the weekend of March 21st and 22nd... so you might want to keep that weekend open... wink wink!
Old 12-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #11200
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpboggs1 View Post
Make sure you didn't over tighten the transmission screws... especially the short screw that doesn't attach to the motor plate and the 2 behind the shock tower that attach to the rear bulkhead (in mm).
I always check that the transmission is free before install it too the chassis, but I never thought about those two screws that go into the shock tower. I usually tighten them down all the way, so maybe that is causing an issue.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2014, 08:48 AM   #11201
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelson3 View Post
Is it possible the slipper is too tight? Are you running an aluminum idler?
I have run with and without the aluminum idler, just to make sure that wasn't propigating the issue.

I am going to set my slipper slightly looser to try to help protect everything.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #11202
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Try a new gearbox case. There cheap and you have changed everything but... Might have a hair line crack in it.

I've run this car since it's release and only done one idler gear but that was on carpet.
Tom87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #11203
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

is that little gold spacer on the top shaft? asking because you said you stripped spurs too? tranny screws like others said and also check that the slipper not too tight..i had idler probles but my top shaft was worn..the stock parts work fine..also when you strip a gear,make sure you clean all the little particles out..one little piece can cause the gears to not mesh
hairymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #11204
Tech Apprentice

Hi
What are the benefits of a lowprofile servo, because I just got me a RB6 and are looking for a servo for it?
I have been told to search for a servo, faster than 0.10 sec. and around 15 kg strong and stay away from lowprofile servos cause they strip gear the hole time.

Jan
racerkorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #11205
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuskdogg View Post
Thank you for the feedback!!
You're welcome

RB6 - MBX7R Eco
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service