R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

  2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

  2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).


Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #8401
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Here you go, I'm using 0 dg hubs now, even though the sheet has .5, if I run a faster motor, I use the .5
thanks mike. and battery inline ahead of speed control? like similar to tebo's wc setup? thanks again, looking at it now.

glenn
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #8402
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenng View Post
thanks mike. and battery inline ahead of speed control? like similar to tebo's wc setup? thanks again, looking at it now.

glenn
Yes that is what I ended up with, I tried sideways all the way back as well, it just feels different. Tires are very important here, start with M4 slicks with aka or sweep molded inserts, if you car traction rolls too much, you can switch to M3 or Blues, I prefer M3s after the track comes in.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #8403
Tech Regular
 
bagged69chevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Visalia CA
Posts: 420
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Hey David. Can you post the setup you're running at rainmans ?
__________________
Nick George

www.localrcracing.com
bagged69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #8404
Tech Regular
 
dmayhew25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bakersfield, Ca
Posts: 453
Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged69chevy View Post
Hey David. Can you post the setup you're running at rainmans ?
I'll get something put together and post it in the next day or so for ya.
__________________
David Mayhew
Team Trinity, RevTech, KSG, BSR Tires, KCR Hobbies, ProtoForm
www.FinishLineSigns.net
www.FinishLineRaceway.com
dmayhew25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:11 AM   #8405
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14
Default UMW705/706/707?

Hi guys,
I am having issues with these hangers.
I get different toe readings from side to side whatever I do...
With stock plastic hangers I have 3 degree toe in each side.
With either both (in stock B-out configuration) or with only the front (705) or only the rear hanger (707 since I run it mm configured) I get strange readings... 2.5 degrees on one side, 2 on the other, or almost 3 on one side and 3.5 on the other.
HAs any one else seen this issue or even thought about checking? I even had the rear one replaced but also the new one gives the same side to side differences.
Has the C. that makes these for K. had a bad batch, this is not at all up to the Q standard I am getting use to from K...
BTW, my setup station is used for other brands and always shows correct, I have not had this issue ever before on any other car or brand.
To make sure I was not dreaming or doing something wrong I had a friend of mine check his car which only has the fron umw705 hanger on, same differences... Different toe readings for the left and right side there as well and for the record, he used his own setup station for measuring. So now I started to be really confused... Then I try to look at a picture of Tebos car from the WC, neo has a picture taken from above. And looking at this picture it really looks like he has two different toe's as well... might be angle of course but it sure looks like it...
If that was the case for him, the car is capable, in his hands to be World Champion even with different toe angles from side to side which is excellent of course nevertheless this issue is extremely annoying and as mentioned nothing I have experienced before...

Has anyone else experienced this with these part numbers?

Last edited by dahomie; 10-14-2013 at 08:47 AM.
dahomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #8406
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahomie View Post
Hi guys,
I am having issues with these hangers.
I get different toe readings from side to side whatever I do...
With stock plastic hangers I have 3 degree toe in each side.
With either both (in stock B-out configuration) or with only the front (705) or only the rear hanger (707 since I run it mm configured) I get strange readings... 2.5 degrees on one side, 2 on the other, or almost 3 on one side and 3.5 on the other.
HAs any one else seen this issue or even thought about checking? I even had the read one replaced but also the new one gives the same side to side differences.
Has the C. that makes these for K. had a bad batch, this is not at all up to the Q standard I am getting use to from K...
BTW, my setup station is used for other brands and always shows correct, I have not had this issue ever before on any other car or brand.
To make sure I was not dreaming or doing something wrong I had a friend of mine check his car which only has the fron umw705 hanger on, same differences... Different toe readings for the left and right side there as well and for the record, he used his own setup station for measuring. So now I started to be really confused... Then I try to look at a picture of Tebos car from the WC, neo has a picture taken from above. And looking at this picture it really looks like he has two different toe's as well... might be angle of course but it sure looks like it...
If that was the case for him, the car is capable, in his hands to be World Champion even with different toe angles from side to side which is excellent of course nevertheless this issue is extremely annoying and as mentioned nothing I have experienced before...

Has anyone else experienced this with these part numbers?
Can you change the insert on one side to get the readings correct, or does it fall into an inbetween range? Is the same side always off (determine if its the inserts, or the hanger) I would measure the screw holes to the edge of the hanger and make sure its even on both sides. (still waiting on the next batch to come off backorder for mine).
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #8407
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Can you change the insert on one side to get the readings correct, or does it fall into an inbetween range? Is the same side always off (determine if its the inserts, or the hanger) I would measure the screw holes to the edge of the hanger and make sure its even on both sides. (still waiting on the next batch to come off backorder for mine).
It falls inbetween even if I try to manually "match" it by using diff. inserts on each side.
And an update: the friend of mine experiencing the same issue just got home hangers without inserts (wide) from Exotek. Toe is dead on correct on both sides with these (as with the original plastic ones).
I'll try to do some more measuring this evening to see if I can spot where the mismatch is.

Last edited by dahomie; 10-14-2013 at 08:47 AM.
dahomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #8408
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 25
Default

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/newparts.html

e few more carboncomposites items on the way
__________________
/Patrik

RB-6.6
zx-6
RT-6
Heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #8409
Tech Master
 
cnelson3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heda View Post
http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/newparts.html

e few more carboncomposites items on the way
carbon composite is not carbon fiber. didn't want you to be disappointed.
cnelson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #8410
Tech Elite
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelson3 View Post
carbon composite is not carbon fiber. didn't want you to be disappointed.
Thought most of the car already was carbon composite. ANyhow guess might be lighter and stronger than the full plastics (with glass fill).
__________________
MP9 TKI3 | ZX6 | RB6 | MBX7r Eco
aloksatoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #8411
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Yes that is what I ended up with, I tried sideways all the way back as well, it just feels different. Tires are very important here, start with M4 slicks with aka or sweep molded inserts, if you car traction rolls too much, you can switch to M3 or Blues, I prefer M3s after the track comes in.
thanks for all the info Mike, havent been to IRH since beginning of year, its a tough friday afternoon drive from manhattan. But, i look forward to making it out there this friday or next hopefully. i have panther super soft slicks freshly mounted up, might need some scuffing, but they should hook well too with some green dot, no? if not i have m4's and greens i can slick. also have super soft aka handlebars that could slick. one more question, is mid motor pulling legit quicker lap times then rear motor? or is it just that everyone is running it these days (or so it seems from the IRH thread)? Thanks for all help again, and look forward to meeting you one of these weekends.

glenn
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #8412
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenng View Post
thanks for all the info Mike, havent been to IRH since beginning of year, its a tough friday afternoon drive from manhattan. But, i look forward to making it out there this friday or next hopefully. i have panther super soft slicks freshly mounted up, might need some scuffing, but they should hook well too with some green dot, no? if not i have m4's and greens i can slick. also have super soft aka handlebars that could slick. one more question, is mid motor pulling legit quicker lap times then rear motor? or is it just that everyone is running it these days (or so it seems from the IRH thread)? Thanks for all help again, and look forward to meeting you one of these weekends.

glenn
I have had zero luck with the panthers, a few have made them work, but their compound is strange. M4, M3, Green, or blue all will work with various tweaks to your setup. MM is not a requirement, fridays tq was still RM and was running 4dg of rear toe in 17.5?? RM does the sharp 180s better, but I feel MM does everything else better.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #8413
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Can you change the insert on one side to get the readings correct, or does it fall into an inbetween range? Is the same side always off (determine if its the inserts, or the hanger) I would measure the screw holes to the edge of the hanger and make sure its even on both sides. (still waiting on the next batch to come off backorder for mine).
absolute hobby has them in stock. i just got the mm rear hangar from him.
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #8414
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
I have had zero luck with the panthers, a few have made them work, but their compound is strange. M4, M3, Green, or blue all will work with various tweaks to your setup. MM is not a requirement, fridays tq was still RM and was running 4dg of rear toe in 17.5?? RM does the sharp 180s better, but I feel MM does everything else better.
thats a lotta toe in! i might rm on first outing, if i dont have time to switch to mm in the meantime. when i ran my durango in beginning of year, i got the panther super softs dialed really nicely. nevertheless i'll slick some m4's this week. thanks for all the help mike!
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #8415
Tech Addict
 
trickedyfz450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 692
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys new to this thread but I am in the market for a RB6. I have been running AE cars for years and after trying out a few friends RB's I want to give one a try. They seem like they are really nice cars! My question is that it seems like they are sold out everywere. Is that because one just won Worlds or is it for another reason like a new updated RB6 2.0 is coming out? Obviously If a new one is coming out I would rather wait and get it. Thanks guys!!!
__________________
Bumps And Jumps Rc
trickedyfz450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. old_skoolie Australian Racing 22936 08-14-2017 04:25 AM
Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island Asharus Northeast Racing Forum 15013 06-22-2017 04:17 PM
Kyosho Ultima RB5 Thread Drift_Buggy Electric Off-Road 14641 11-10-2015 08:28 AM
Kyosho Ultima SC aeRayls Electric Off-Road 2599 04-27-2014 04:30 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:38 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net