R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Like Tree25Likes

Old 03-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #5476
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Will the proline rb5 wheels fit work on a rb6 with same offset?
pablo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #5477
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo101 View Post
Will the proline rb5 wheels fit work on a rb6 with same offset?
Yes, you will need lo profile serrated wheel nuts for the rear.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #5478
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Yes, you will need lo profile serrated wheel nuts for the rear.
Durango nuts are cheap and I have never had one come loose. No need to tighten the hell out of them either.

Haigh Designz -Custom Airbrushing
Leisure Hours Hobby and Raceway!!
Yeti AS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #5479
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti AS3 View Post
Durango nuts are cheap and I have never had one come loose. No need to tighten the hell out of them either.
traaxas has them as well and can be found in non racey hobby shops.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #5480
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

From the mains on Sunday. Buggy was straight dialed!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #5481
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
[IMG]From the mains on Sunday. Buggy was straight dialed!
Looking good!! I similar picture was taken of my buggy on the grid this weekend....

- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #5482
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Capt. I have been using your set up for a couple weeks not. Before i had mentioned it was too aggresive. But you were right i just needed to get my tires sorted out. Scrub on the front, and Suburbs on the back is working great.

I saw you have gone to 30/-4. I think i am going to try less castor also. Is there a reason to go to 30/-4, instead of 25/0?
Dale.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #5483
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale.0 View Post
Capt. I have been using your set up for a couple weeks not. Before i had mentioned it was too aggresive. But you were right i just needed to get my tires sorted out. Scrub on the front, and Suburbs on the back is working great.

I saw you have gone to 30/-4. I think i am going to try less castor also. Is there a reason to go to 30/-4, instead of 25/0?
different kick-up
Old 03-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #5484
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale.0 View Post

I find it strange that you are using two different kinds of tires front and back. Not only are you using very different side bite, but also different compounds. And maybe I am just ignorant to it as the tracks I run at here, we all run the same tire front and back, almost all the time.... but it would seem to ME, that you would first and foremost want to tune and set the car up so that it handles the way you want it to with matching tires... and you would only use miss-matched tires to address a setup issue you can't fix otherwise.

Is that what most guys at your track run? burbs back, scrubs front? Tracks and clay are SO different!!... scrubs absolutely don't work in the slightest at my tracks. (unless you want to scrub speed!)

Im glad you got the tires set... that is always job #1 before you worry about finer level adjustments on setup. Not only do you need the proper tires, but you need to get a set broken in properly first, and THEN take note of how the car drives... THEN work on those finer level changes on setup.

Traction is up way at my track, and with the increased rear traction, I am able to dial back in more steering. 30/ -4 is going to be the most aggressive steering you can get. 30 kick-up will give the best off-throttle forward weight transfer, and the low overall caster will give the most infield steering. I am running this specifically because my current layout has no highspeed steering sections where more caster is used... it's all slower speed turns.

But like always, I am still playing and fudging and learning where the car likes to be. I don't think I will keep 30/ -4 for long before changing again... track conditions (right now)... are changing too fast at my track to really nail something down. (kind of frustrating). We have another track change starting this coming weekend too, so its back to square 1. Can't finalize a setup until the clay starts to become consistent.... BUT, I am glad we are doing a track build for a change as our current layout is almost no fun at all.
- RCSpecialties -
Old 03-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #5485
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm afraid I have to do sell my RB6 and FS2

Buy/Sell/Trade
Old 03-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #5486
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Capt. Ya all the team guys at my track run Burbs in the rear. Few run them on the front. Most guys run Scrubs on the front, or Bar Codes on the front since they were practicing for the REEDY, and that was the hand out tires. I think the biggest thing was just getting them broken in enough. I also tried Bar Codes in the rear, but just could not get hooked up with them.
Dale.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #5487
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
I find it strange that you are using two different kinds of tires front and back. Not only are you using very different side bite, but also different compounds. And maybe I am just ignorant to it as the tracks I run at here, we all run the same tire front and back, almost all the time.... but it would seem to ME, that you would first and foremost want to tune and set the car up so that it handles the way you want it to with matching tires... and you would only use miss-matched tires to address a setup issue you can't fix otherwise.

Is that what most guys at your track run? burbs back, scrubs front? Tracks and clay are SO different!!... scrubs absolutely don't work in the slightest at my tracks. (unless you want to scrub speed!)

Im glad you got the tires set... that is always job #1 before you worry about finer level adjustments on setup. Not only do you need the proper tires, but you need to get a set broken in properly first, and THEN take note of how the car drives... THEN work on those finer level changes on setup.

Traction is up way at my track, and with the increased rear traction, I am able to dial back in more steering. 30/ -4 is going to be the most aggressive steering you can get. 30 kick-up will give the best off-throttle forward weight transfer, and the low overall caster will give the most infield steering. I am running this specifically because my current layout has no highspeed steering sections where more caster is used... it's all slower speed turns.

But like always, I am still playing and fudging and learning where the car likes to be. I don't think I will keep 30/ -4 for long before changing again... track conditions (right now)... are changing too fast at my track to really nail something down. (kind of frustrating). We have another track change starting this coming weekend too, so its back to square 1. Can't finalize a setup until the clay starts to become consistent.... BUT, I am glad we are doing a track build for a change as our current layout is almost no fun at all.
Scrubs Front / Suburbs Rear is a popular setup at our track too (The Track, Gaithersburg, MD). It's hard packed dirt, moist in the morning and super nice at the end of a race day. I've tried to match F/R tires and I can not get a Suburbs Front/Rear, BarCodes F/R, or etc... to work.

I will try the 30/-4 b/c there are more turn sections than straight-aways so I think i will benefit from the change.
305M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #5488
Tech Regular

I saw some people trying to locate RB6 kits. We were able to get some out of the latest shipment to hit the USA (last week) and we have 8 of them left in stock-

http://rcspeedshop.com/index.php?cPath=163_166

We will be putting the spare parts inventory we have up this week as well - lots in stock, just not on the site yet. I am so impressed with this kit, I have decided to keep one for myself!

Hope this helps...
Todd Putnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #5489
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305M3 View Post
Scrubs Front / Suburbs Rear is a popular setup at our track too (The Track, Gaithersburg, MD). It's hard packed dirt, moist in the morning and super nice at the end of a race day. I've tried to match F/R tires and I can not get a Suburbs Front/Rear, BarCodes F/R, or etc... to work.

I will try the 30/-4 b/c there are more turn sections than straight-aways so I think i will benefit from the change.
I see.. just so different from the hard packed indoor clay tracks we run up here in the northwest. I guess we are a bit lucky... toss on gold bar codes front and back, break them in, and you are dialed.

Do any of you guys run blue bar codes? I have 3 or 4 sets of NIP blue rears that I will never run... could sell for cheap.
- RCSpecialties -
Old 03-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #5490
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Only place I've been that the blues work is RC Excitement up in Mass. They work at home for about a week, and then it's on to golds. They must have changed the compound on the golds, because they never worked before.