R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Like Tree25Likes

Old 08-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #196
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rfury Send a message via Yahoo to Rfury

Did he mount the ESC on the tray or flat on the chassis behind the battery? It will be great to see pictures.
Rfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #197
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I paused it a couple times to see and it looks like he ran the rear motor configuration in this video.

Jared Tebo 2wd Buggy Rnd #1 2012 HRH Shootout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1 View Post
Did he run the motor forward or back?
Old 08-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #198
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdowney View Post
I spent the day hanging out with the Kyosho guys at the HRH Shootout before they announced the car and got to see it up close. He had the Orion R10 behind the battery and was running the new Orion adjustable weight battery with the empty part of the compartment cut off, effectively making it a shorty pack. He's only doing this because Orion hasn't shipped their shorty packs yet. I'm guessing they'll have them by Nats though, because the cut pack isn't ROAR legal.

He ran his KO Propo receiver on the right-rear side of the battery tray, on the plastic part, in the traditional position, and the R10 capacitor on the opposite side in the same position. The plastic sides on the chassis actually have a channel that you can run the wires through, allowing you to conceal them. Tebo's wiring was very clean.

He also ran the transponder on top of the servo, as usual.

And those of you saying that nobody's seen this thing up close and in person, nor on the track, you're wrong. I've had a very good look at it in the pits and watched it up close in three mains. It looks beautiful and is planted around the track.

Jared told me he probably would have finished better (he qual'd 3rd and finished 4th) if he had stuck with his original setup, which he TQ'd with in the first two rounds. He just felt like he needed to keep tweaking the car because it's so new and he wanted to know how far he could push it. In his last two mains he said the setup he was running was pushing too much, but his initial setup was perfect.

The most encouraging thing I heard him say was that he loves the car and wouldn't change anything on it. Of course, that may change after he's run it for a while, but his initial impression was extremely positive. And I have to assume that guys who drive at that level have pretty good instincts about the cars they're driving.

So we'll see how he does at the Nats. I'm also looking forward to seeing Cody Turner wheel one, after he beat Dustin Evans and red-hot Steven Hartson at the JBRL last week. We may have another top K driver in the making. Great acquisition for Kyosho!
Cool thanks for sharing!

After reading what Marc Rheihard said at the worlds, 'I still got a job to do', after losing his title, Kyosho could do with a few wingmen in the finals!

It's all Tebo surrounded by AE and Losi. It'll also be good to showcase the car, and not just the ace, that makes it fast.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #199
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdowney View Post
Cody Turner wheel one, after he beat Dustin Evans and red-hot Steven Hartson at the JBRL last week. We may have another top K driver in the making. Great acquisition for Kyosho!
Cody is a pretty cool guy and fast. got to meet him and Bob Novak in Omaha in January at the Novak race hobby plex hosted. He was running TLR at the time. Based on my person experience with him he is definitley a good acquisition for Kyosho.
sjenkins97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #200
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
OK fine. It appears the car comes with front and rear hexes. Big plus in my book. I've been away from Kyosho for a while. If I recall they used to sell arms one front and one rear per package. By the time I sold my ZX5 I had like 20 rear arms and one front left. Is that still the case?
The arms will indeed be sold in front pairs and rear pairs. I haven't taken a strong enough look at them yet, but it may be that since the rear arms are gullwinged now, they may be side-specific, not sure.
carcrusher46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #201
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
There's your problem... you're building the shocks incorrectly. No wonder you want a bleeder screw.
I can build any brand of shock just fine with the exact amount of rebound. I just think bleeder caps are the easiest, cleanest and most accurate.
dmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #202
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatter View Post
I can build any brand of shock just fine with the exact amount of rebound. I just think bleeder caps are the easiest, cleanest and most accurate.
The way you described it? = incorrect.

ANYWAY... I thought tebo looked pretty solid in that video right there.. car looked easy to drive... track looked a little loose
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #203
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I think it's reall funny how you all say that the car looked dialed when you saw someone else race it. Honestly you can dial any car in and a good driver can win with any car once they set it up for them.
I also think its funny that Just about everyone out there is going to upgrade to the rb6 and put it in the rear configuration and completely dismiss what makes it unique and different from the rb5. Why buy if you're putting it in the rear?

For all your graphic design needs.
CobraGraphics.net
Ostach24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #204
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

For those wondering about parts compatibility with the RB5, Amain already has an RB6 category in the parts section. Seems like they are still working out what crosses over though.
Eric Tomczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #205
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strngdze View Post
I paused it a couple times to see and it looks like he ran the rear motor configuration in this video.

Jared Tebo 2wd Buggy Rnd #1 2012 HRH Shootout
Confirmed rear motor.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:16 PM   #206
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostach24 View Post
I think it's reall funny how you all say that the car looked dialed when you saw someone else race it. Honestly you can dial any car in and a good driver can win with any car once they set it up for them.
I also think its funny that Just about everyone out there is going to upgrade to the rb6 and put it in the rear configuration and completely dismiss what makes it unique and different from the rb5. Why buy if you're putting it in the rear?
i dont know, maybe the longer aluminum chassis, new steering rack, and various other little things that make it unique other then just being able to run it in mid motor... sounds like enough reason to buy one, take something good and try to make it better. isnt that the reason we all try to tweek our cars? to get better lap times every time we set our cars on the track. this thread is only 2 or 3 days old, has the world come to a point where they're more people trying to tear something down before its even available. YOU CANT KNOCK IT TILL YOU ROCK IT.
Airtroics - Tekin - Savox - Proline
alexkenison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #207
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
You think it's "reall funny" that some of us think the buggy looked good? Even though it was in prototype with a fraction of the setup time as most cars?

Quote:
What the heck are you talking about? Are you talking about the fact that the car can be run in rear motor or mid motor? You run your motor position based on how much of a premium forward traction is on your track. If you are running on carpet or turf, you run MM. If you are running on dirt or clay, the car will be better in RM. Just because the car CAN be run in mid motor, doesn't mean it will automatically perform better in that config, it 100% depends on your traction levels.

People are interested in the RB6 for all the advancements and refinements that have been brought to the chassis... not just to be able to switch to a different motor config.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #208
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Did you see that caster is adjustable in the front via inserts?
I like the caster adjustment with the inserts, will definitely make things easy.
Who here is planning on trying the mid-motor set up?
Entr0phy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #209
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Why buy if you're putting it in the rear?
Because...Putting it in the rear has always been forbidden, hence we want to do that.

But on a real note. There are a lot of differences in this car that makes me want it. I'm sure I'll try the mid motor also and see how it works.

My list of things I like that I've only seen.

Front shock tower in front of the shocks!
A battery tray that your battery will actually fit in!
Aluminum chassis doing away with the T-Plate
A more centralized place to mount the electronics
Multiple battery configurations
Clean and simple steering configuration
New updated style body
mid motor capable
Wing mounts now attach to the trans

I'm wanting one now! This wait will be crazy. I'm hoping the diff is the same, I love the current one.
SC5M
big chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #210
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
The way you described it? = incorrect.

ANYWAY... I thought tebo looked pretty solid in that video right there.. car looked easy to drive... track looked a little loose
What is it that you do so differently Master Masami? I never said the Kyosho shocks were bad, I just said the way of bleeding is not as good as it could be.
dmatter is offline   Reply With Quote