R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 10-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #1966
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Summers View Post
kyosho said warranty is 90 days but in this case they will extend, and possible when R&D revises we can get the new revised chassis at 50% off, better than than nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posvar View Post
Thanks for the info! Sounds like good service.
I have to respectfully disagree. Making us buy another chassis for a miss-engineered one they included in the kit, is complete BS, 50% off or not. Heck, part of the reason the car was so damn expensive to begin with, was because of this chassis. They should be sending out revised chassis to those of us who have already purchased the kits 100% free of charge.

Because mine is still holding up (because our jumps are smaller, or whatever), I am worried that my chassis will dent and tear after the warranty period is over, and I will be out the cost of a new chassis. All because Kyosho didn't properly test the damn car.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #1967
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
I have to respectfully disagree. Making us buy another chassis for a miss-engineered one they included in the kit, is complete BS, 50% off or not. Heck, part of the reason the car was so damn expensive to begin with, was because of this chassis. They should be sending out revised chassis to those of us who have already purchased the kits 100% free of charge.

Because mine is still holding up (because our jumps are smaller, or whatever), I am worried that my chassis will dent and tear after the warranty period is over, and I will be out the cost of a new chassis. All because Kyosho didn't properly test the damn car.
+1
hollywood7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #1968

Trader Rating: 461 (100%+)

Well said Brandon. I understood him to say that the normal warranty is 90 days but they will extend because of the issue. That being said they "should" stand behind any chassis failure even if it is 12 months from now. It makes sense that the revised chassis would be available to any with failure free of charge. Just my 2 cents. I am sure they are hoping that the failures are minimum but I have a feeling you are right in that the chassis are all exactly alike.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #1969
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

Quote:

+1000

$450.00 the car should be bullet proof out of the box with no manufacturing errors. Thankfully after casing a pretty big triple more times then I can count, my chassis is still perfect.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #1970

I think Kyosho's heart rate is climbing. I am going to check Oople and some other sites to see if it is happening anywhere else.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #1971
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

Calm down. What it looks like is that in an effort to lower CG and get the tranny as low as possible they made it too thin. The other option would be to totally cut out the area because making it thicker is just raising the CG in a bad spot.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:57 AM   #1972
Tech Adept

That is why i said call.
i agree with all said.we'll have to wait and see but please call and with respect. im sure somethn' will transpire.
any way i had to try.
for now i am some how going to beef up the rear end for now.

iam not the avid racers most of you are but in my Construction business
the #1 concern is the Customer and you can not always please everyone all the time butt i have been doing this for about 30+ yrs and you learn more than just your trade skills, killem' with kindness goes along way. (do i have to mentioned DMV)
any ways i tried and i will call again shortly.
PS i don't want you guys to have to put your RB5's back together.
this is not a time for smiley faces.

ems
Eric Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #1973
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
+1000

$450.00 the car should be bullet proof out of the box with no manufacturing errors. Thankfully after casing a pretty big triple more times then I can count, my chassis is still perfect.
Chassis should be covered!i got the warranty emailed to Derick at Kyosho yesterday,waiting news.
powerslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #1974
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:

Excellent point. Kyosho is going to make alot of money from this kit in the comming years, they need to make this right!
CanyonCarverR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #1975
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

ehh.. in a perfect world they should replace free of charge.. i think them extending the warranty is another way to say they will, but look, just because 3 guys on here have the issue, that doesn't mean the 1k kits they sold world wide will have the issue.. even if 30 guys did, that still not a large number..

also guy, just because a kit cost $xxx doesn't mean the higher cost is buying you durability.. Kyosho doesn't claim to be more durable than anyone else and they have the most expensive kits on the planet. that's not why you bought it, you bought it because you know your getting the best quality/handling cars in the market.

Quote:
$450.00 the car should be bullet proof out of the box with no manufacturing errors.
is that even humanly possible??? for any manufacturer?

Quote:
All because Kyosho didn't properly test the damn car.
really?? if you broke any part on any car, does that mean it wasn't thoroughly tested?? and you realize its a new platform, its bound to have teething issues.. i'm still confused on what kind of hit could dent it right there.. casing a jump wouldn't bend the rear.

if Kyosho says they'll replace it, then quit whining.. also if you haven't bent it, doesn't mean you will. my car took some nice hits over the weekend.. (haven't raced in a year just about) but i didn't break when i knew i should've.

just like everyone was freaking out about the hangers and rack.. I've bought the Alum options but haven't put them on yet.. just because there are a few one offs doesn't mean the car is a heap and the sky is falling..

rant over
Old 10-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #1976
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I think we are jumping to conclusions. I am sure Kyosho will replace the defective chassis. Let them respond to the few who have emailed them and wait and see. Plastic inserts the way to go IMHO like the scte and other 1/8 scalers just would need a new gear box.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #1977
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8rtot View Post
ehh.. in a perfect world they should replace free of charge.. i think them extending the warranty is another way to say they will, but look, just because 3 guys on here have the issue, that doesn't mean the 1k kits they sold world wide will have the issue.. even if 30 guys did, that still not a large number..
It's more than 3, and it appears to be creeping up as the days go on. A team driver at the gold cup last week already had this issue as well. If you really think that some of the chassis are stronger or weaker than others, then you you are saying that there is a QQ issue with the chassis. I would bet good money you would be wrong. QQ has never been a problem with any of the K kits I have ever run... my guess is that all the chassis are exactly the same, and its only a matter of time before the rest of us have a smack that dents the chassis into the gearbox.

This is just a guess of course! I don't know for sure...only time will tell. I am using Kyosho's past attention to detail and quality control to come to the conclusion that if one chassis does this, then they all will eventually, given similar driving/tracks.

Quote:
also guy, just because a kit cost $xxx doesn't mean the higher cost is buying you durability.. Kyosho doesn't claim to be more durable than anyone else and they have the most expensive kits on the planet. that's not why you bought it, you bought it because you know your getting the best quality/handling cars in the market.
A)im not sure who you are calling "guy", I assume me? I hope you haven't turned your tone into some kind of quasay name calling here, so ill give you the benefit of the doubt

B) are we really getting the "best quality" when we have chassis that are denting and tearing after a day or a week of use? What happens when the dent keeps you from putting your gearbox into the car? What if the warranty replacement is the exact same?

Ya see... there is cause for some alarm here. This isn't some smaller NON-issue like the steering rack, which we can fix ourselves with a nice $15 alu part... this is the chassis. Do you really not see the difference?

Quote:
really?? if you broke any part on any car, does that mean it wasn't thoroughly tested?? and you realize its a new platform, its bound to have teething issues.. i'm still confused on what kind of hit could dent it right there.. casing a jump wouldn't bend the rear.
Sometimes, yes. If you give the car to your select top driver to test run, a guy who never crashes or misses a downside... and he comes back and says "yep... never broke even a single part". I call that inadequately tested. This isn't a pinion gear or an antenna tube, its a $450 top shelf kit.

A perfect example, is the steering rack (just for the record, I don't really care about this one, as we have a fix already). But Kyosho tested the car throughout all its stages, with an aluminum rack, and at the "last minute" (yep, quoted from a kyosho rep), decided to change it to plastic. That is definitely inadequately tested, especially when you only have guys like tebo run the car.

Quote:
just because there are a few one offs doesn't mean the car is a heap and the sky is falling..
Nobody is claiming anything even remotely close to this. I don't see the need to exaggerate.

All we can do is wait and see what Kyosho says, and keep an eye on how many people's chassis seem to eventually experience this. I am confident that Kyosho will come through.
- RCSpecialties -

Last edited by Cpt.America; 10-23-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #1978
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

looks like be b4 keeps lookin better an better!

Viper rc

Rockcroller88@Gmail.com
cantrell8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #1979
Super Moderator

And just for the record, it wasn't my intent for any of my posts to come out sounding negative... I just don't like there being any ammo for guys like this "cantrell" guy here, to use against me as to why I should be running a B4. I don't run Kyosho because I like the color red. I run kyosho because it's a better car. But i'm not a fanboi either, and call them like I see them, brand be damned.

Heck, an RB6 with the chassis taped together, is still better than a B4.

- RCSpecialties -
Old 10-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #1980

Haha. That was funny. I never took it as negativity. We have all seen too many of your non biased posts to even hint at that. Keep it coming.