Wiki Posts
Search

sorry guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default sorry guys

Hey what's up everyone,
I apologize for all the questions about buggies because I am a very indecisive person. I can't help it.
I have never gone to any competitive races and don't know if I plan to. I'm a poor college student and just want to have fun building and racing a buggy. I just want a car to bash around with in the back yard that's PRETTY FAST.

I have decided on the 95 dollar Hornet, with ESC.
1) will the hornet be just as fast and enjoyable in the BACKYARD (not the races) as the Associated B4?

2) In terms of bashing around and enjoyment, will the Hornet do for me?

What do you guys think?
Old 03-02-2005, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default buggies

The B4 will be much easier to find parts for if you happen to break something. I got started with Tamiya products in the early 1980's and had much fun, but take my advice and stay with a brand that most local hobby shops carry parts for. You won't be sorry. AND if you by chance happen to decide to go racing, you'll have a much more competitive ride to boot. Just the advice of a 20+ year veteran of R/C.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default HORNET

The Hornet would be fun for sure. As long as : Your driving is easy on parts and/or you don't mind ordering your parts. If you keep it a safe distance from those "immovable objects" like trees, curbs, etc. it should hold up quite well. If your strictly going to play in the yard and that is all, then go for it and have fun.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If tamiya was doing a full re-release of the hornet, it would be a great car. I don't think there will be parts available for this car. There are other cars from tamiya that are descent and cheap.

Rising storm $104 (ESC)
Mad Fighter $75 (mechanical speed control)

Probably others too.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Thumbs up Go with the B4

The Hornet will be fun to build and okay to play with in open spaces... for some of us who have been into RC for a while... having it for nostalgia purposes too (and maybe even making it just a shelf-queen) can also be part of it's allure. For full out bashing and even potential racing later in the future... the B4 is a much better choice! Parts availability as has been mentioned is a big factor too! Getting a B4 clearly has the edge there as well. It might not take long for you to get bored with just bashing around. You eventually might want to run your Off-Road kit at a Track and improve your driving on it by practicing.... this could eventually lead to racing which is really a ton of fun! Hopefully by that time you will know your kit inside and out and if it's the B4 you decide to get... then costs on a new kit and adjusting to a new car won't be a factor!
Old 03-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

These are good advice. You will break parts. It's part of the hobby, so get something that's easy to find parts. The B4 is good, and finding a used one is easy too.