Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Need Setup Advice with my Associated B44.1 >

Need Setup Advice with my Associated B44.1

Need Setup Advice with my Associated B44.1

Old 06-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Need Setup Advice with my Associated B44.1

Hello all, I need some advice with my 4wd B44.1. My buggy has just recently started having rear traction issues. Mainly the issue comes during off-throtle steering. As I am entering the corner, after I have let off the brakes and am about to start getting back on the gas, the ass-end of the car wants to loop-out and come around super easily. Now the car will track great and stay in line like it should if it maintain a small amount of throttle through the corner, but doing this makes it difficult to make sharp corners and hold my inside lines on tighter turns.

I have re-built both fron and rear diffs, and have tried JConcepts Barcodes, V2 Barcodes, and Proline Suburbs for tires, but it doesnt seem to help.

Any setup advice to help correct this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch for your time!

-Cameron
[email protected]
www.SFDclothing.com
Old 06-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

First off, you're much better off asking your question in the B44.1 thread.

How are your diffs set ? I run mine so that with a good twist of the wheels, the rear will rotate 1 complete turn before stopping, and just slightly more than that on the front, about 1 1/4 turn.

Also, have you checked that your slipper isn't too tight ? On a surface where you'll have good traction (carpet, pit mat, or the track dirt itself) you should only hear the slipper spin/whine for a few feet at most from a dead stop.

And what shock positions / oils / springs are you using ?