Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would I enjoy 2wd buggy over 2wd SC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I prefer 2wd buggy over all other classes, it costs less to run than 2wd sc and I can honestly say my 22 is more durable than my xxx-scb and xxx-sct. The cars are challenging to drive, and that's why we race. And the people who say 2wd buggy is the f1 of RC, has never driven a 4x4 1/10.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsinclair
I prefer 2wd buggy over all other classes, it costs less to run than 2wd sc and I can honestly say my 22 is more durable than my xxx-scb and xxx-sct. The cars are challenging to drive, and that's why we race. And the people who say 2wd buggy is the f1 of RC, has never driven a 4x4 1/10.
I can say since getting my B4 I have broken more on my SC10 then I have on the buggy. The buggy also has a lot more driving time on it.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

I've been an on and off truck guy over the years. But I always run 2wd buggy, it's the best. Biggest challenge, but the best drivers, very nimble, makes it rewarding. And it's relatively cheap, mostly 2 little tires and wings.

Let's see, a little car with 4wd, insane amount of power, blisteringly quick on any surface even though it's almost an on road car. With spectacular crashes when they do happen.

Settle for World Rally Car?
Old 06-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I started racing 4x4 SC trucks, I then bought a 1.8E buggy, then a 2wd SC truck, and then a 2wd buggy.

Love the 4x4 truck class, love the 1/8 E buggy, hated the 2wd sc truck, and love the 2wd buggy.

Granted my SC truck was nice but not very well set up, it could have been better.

The b4.1 I have, is a ton of fun. Get one. You won't regret it. They jump so nice, they're quick, and most of fast guys run it so your bound to get better, racing wise...

Not saying the b4.1 in paticular, any 2wd buggy.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
You can't beat 2wd buggy... it's the F1 of rc racing.
I would have said 2WD Buggy is the Go Cart of RC racing. It's where you go to learn your skills.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

For me, 2wd buggy is THE best class and also the most difficult one. I have a B4.1 World and I love it. It requires a super smooth throttle finger. A 2wd buggy can just make you a better driver. Affordable, easy to work on, nimble and they look awesome.

I own 2 SC trucks that I never run. I prefer 2wd buggy.

Comes next.... Gas trucks !
Old 06-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Not necessarily truly. Show me an f1 car with 4wd, IMHO 4wd makes things stupid easy, mash throttle off you go. Same reason 1/10 TC is easier to drive fast than 1/12 pan car.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Not necessarily truly. Show me an f1 car with 4wd, IMHO 4wd makes things stupid easy, mash throttle off you go. Same reason 1/10 TC is easier to drive fast than 1/12 pan car.
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
Sorry, couldn't resist.

dang been following the sport since 96 way way before my time!!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All of the advice given is very sound. I bought a 22 buggy about 6 months ago and now my other cars have about 6 months of dust on them. It's a challenge that is very addicting.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I wonder if my XX-CR could still compete?
Old 06-20-2012, 11:40 PM
Tech Legend

I race buggy's & love um ...

But when someone says buggys are more of challenge than a SC ?

Have to disagree with ..

Sc trucks demand way more skills to
drive compared to buggy's .

They roll over and step out far easier than a low & tight buggy .

If you say it the competition that makes buggy more difficult, I may go along .
Yet when attending a big event these days the competition in Sc is same drivers from the buggy class's ...

Summery & point

Sc is harder to drive, has the same drivers thus more of a challenge to race not less then buggy's.....
Old 06-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
I would have said 2WD Buggy is the Go Cart of RC racing. It's where you go to learn your skills.
This.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
I race buggy's & love um ...

But when someone says buggys are more of challenge than a SC ?

Have to disagree with ..

Sc trucks demand way more skills to
drive compared to buggy's .

They roll over and step out far easier than a low & tight buggy .

If you say it the competition that makes buggy more difficult, I may go along .
Yet when attending a big event these days the competition in Sc is same drivers from the buggy class's ...

Summery & point

Sc is harder to drive, has the same drivers thus more of a challenge to race not less then buggy's.....

Don't forget that if you run Sportsman SC you have to deal with an unreal amount of hacking, regardless of where you race because the penalty for poor driving is so low in SC. Add the hacking variable to this situation and I'd have to say that Sportsman SC is the most difficult class to be successful in.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bdyche
Don't forget that if you run Sportsman SC you have to deal with an unreal amount of hacking, regardless of where you race because the penalty for poor driving is so low in SC. Add the hacking variable to this situation and I'd have to say that Sportsman SC is the most difficult class to be successful in.
You should try driving next to Wild Cherry!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.