Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
How's this SCTE set up sound? About to order! >

How's this SCTE set up sound? About to order!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How's this SCTE set up sound? About to order!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickengeorge
i have a friend who has the copperhead system u mentioned on a scte. he cannot get enough run time for the main. good system but extremely power hungry. i would hold out for a tekin rx8 and pro 4 motor. you get what u pay for!!!!!
+1
If money is not tight building your ride, the rx8 is the best choice IMO.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
My two cents....
https://brushlesshobbies.3dcartstore...asp?itemid=113

If your on the west coast, contact builtrc, they may have it in stock just not updated the website.
http://builtrc.com/tenshock_sc411_4000_sensored.aspx
If your on the east coast (not sure about their stock)
http://www.ckhobby.com/shop/?control...product_id=359

Gens ace cuz their in stock
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-50c-50...case-2222.html

If you got time and the 6600 nano tech's are in stock(USA) by the time you order, best bang for the buck.

Throttle workx looks good too
http://www.throttleworkx.com/7-4v-li...tery-pack.html

Servo is very subjective and torque and speed needs from driver to driver greatly, so spend the money you have to get the best fit for you. Above mentioned servos are all good choices.
On a budget I like this one
http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d771.html
+1000000 for BH 120amp. Dont let the price fool you. They just dont need to mark them up to the sky to cover overhead.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

That's the China warehouse, I know a few people waiting on the US warehouse to get back in stock
Oops, my bad! But it is in stock there, just takes extra money for fast shipping, it is worth it though! These are all I run anymore, well the 6000's at least! I will be getting a few 6600's very soon though!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by thecman26
Oops, my bad! But it is in stock there, just takes extra money for fast shipping, it is worth it though! These are all I run anymore, well the 6000's at least! I will be getting a few 6600's very soon though!
if you buy 3 or so the shipping cost isn't that bad. I guess even if you get one 6600 and pay $75 they are still way cheaper than the high discharge USA lipos like thunder and reedy.
I heard that a law changed recently about lipos coming in the country and it is delaying at least a week or two once they hit the US docs. That sucks.

Last edited by fq06; 06-18-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

if you buy 3 or so the shipping cost isn't that bad. I guesz even if you get one 6600 and pay $75 they are still way cheaper than the high discharge USA lipos like thunder and ready.
I heard that a law changed recently about lipos coming in the country and it is delaying at least a week or two once they hit the us docs. That sucks.
Or you could do what I did last time, get a few guys together and make 1 big order and get the 3 day shipping! They actually took 3 days to get here! That was great and the guys can each split the extra shipping charges, a bonus! They are great batteries too! I have had mine over a year so far and only 1 shows a little bulging but no drop off in performance!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Yeah the RX8 I have in my SCT and both my 1/8 buggies. That thing has been super solid for me and never a hiccup.

And Im a total noob driver.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by thecman26
Or you could do what I did last time, get a few guys together and make 1 big order and get the 3 day shipping! They actually took 3 days to get here! That was great and the guys can each split the extra shipping charges, a bonus! They are great batteries too! I have had mine over a year so far and only 1 shows a little bulging but no drop off in performance!
Absolutely, me and one or two friends go in on orders to cut cost. Usually when one of us gets a new class of vehicle, the other is not far behind... so we do out own Hobbyking groupon

Used the old rhino's and zippy's (100+ mph planes) way before nano tech and the nano's are in another league, fantastic deal.

When did you order from China? I think the law changed over the past couple months, I used to use the fastest shipping and it took 4 business to California like clock work. I hear it's different now. Hobbyking still gets it here in 2 days, but then its hung up in customs... lipo's only. From what I hear... my last order was from the USA warehouse.

Something to do with now having to ship the lipo with something that takes that battery... And not just a chassis it fits in... The whole truck, car, plane whatever.

Heres a post along those lines, a search on usps lipo import law change finds a few conversations on it.
http://www.rcsoutheast.com/showthread.php?t=5186
Old 06-18-2012, 10:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Absolutely, me and one or two friends go in on orders to cut cost. Usually when one of us gets a new class of vehicle, the other is not far behind... so we do out own Hobbyking groupon

Used the old rhino's and zippy's (100+ mph planes) way before nano tech and the nano's are in another league, fantastic deal.

When did you order from China? I think the law changed over the past couple months, I used to use the fastest shipping and it took 4 business to California like clock work. I hear it's different now. Hobbyking still gets it here in 2 days, but then its hung up in customs... lipo's only. From what I hear... my last order was from the USA warehouse.

Something to do with now having to ship the lipo with something that takes that battery... And not just a chassis it fits in... The whole truck, car, plane whatever.

Heres a post along those lines, a search on usps lipo import law change finds a few conversations on it.
http://www.rcsoutheast.com/showthread.php?t=5186
I ordered about 8 months or so ago, but I went UPS 3 day air and if it didn't get to me 3 days after they shipped it! USPS is a mess anymore with all these new rules n crap!

But I am definately waiting for the USA warehouse to get them back in stock though!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

rx8 is by far the esc i see in the most SCT. - in fact i have one listed on here with a pro4 4600kv

as for servos on a budget, savox are hard to beat, just make sure you run an extra cap plugged into your RX. [Spektrum Voltage Protector - [SPM1600] $5 at amain too!] i run a savox 1256 in my truck, but the 1258 is also a good servo too.

as for batteries i have heard alot of good thing of the nanotech packs the 6000+ mah and65c packs are pretty good, alot better then the gens packs imho. i actually run SMC Racing packs in my SCT [6000 60c for $65 via smc]
Old 06-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for all the info guys!

BUT....I bought a durango DESC410R instead! I already have a bunch of saddle packs on the way cause hobbyking has those in stock in the USA warehouse. Now I need to decide on what motor/esc and servo.

I'm thinking this: http://builtrc.com/toro_sc_esc_120_amp.aspx (sensorless is the right one correct?)

But Bulit RC is out of stock on both the SC411 4600kv and 4000kv so I know know what to get motor wise now
Old 06-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jim Bob
Thanks for all the info guys!

BUT....I bought a durango DESC410R instead! I already have a bunch of saddle packs on the way cause hobbyking has those in stock in the USA warehouse. Now I need to decide on what motor/esc and servo.

I'm thinking this: http://builtrc.com/toro_sc_esc_120_amp.aspx (sensorless is the right one correct?)

But Bulit RC is out of stock on both the SC411 4600kv and 4000kv so I know know what to get motor wise now
The 411 for sure.
Check on Ebay, sometimes built rc has stock but don't update the site... but they have them on Ebay.
Or email them.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=47387819257

Get it while it's hot
Old 06-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Builtrc on ebay has the sc411's in stock in both the 4000kv and 4600kv......

If you are going with a sensored motor I'd stick with a sensored esc, either the Brushless Hobbies 120a or Tekin RX8........ Both are great esc's and both companies provide outstanding customer service (Jim from tekin and Stan from BH are great guys and always willing to help out)..............

Nice choice with the Durango, however you should have waited for the V2 to come out since the original one has reliability issue's especially with the front arms......

Last edited by ilanstylz; 06-23-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Builtrc on ebay has the sc411's in stock in both the 4000kv and 4600kv......

If you are going with a sensored motor I'd stick with a sensored esc, either the Brushless Hobbies 120a or Tekin RX8........ Both are great esc's and both companies provide outstanding customer service (Jim from tekin and Stan from BH are great guys and always willing to help out)..............

Nice choice with the Durango, however you should have waited for the V2 to come out since the original one has reliability issue's especially with the front arms......
I got a great deal on a used one.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

nothing wrong with the viper copperhead, have had mine since our race season started and its great only complaint I have is when it cogs after a wreck takes another second to get rolling. Would for sure take it over a castle set up and it can run a "power hungery" savox servo.Never had an issue with them because I tend to stay away from esc's that have a weak bec.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.