Wiki Posts
Search

max amps lipo

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (56%+)
Default max amps lipo

I just bought a max amps 5450mah 3s lipo and was just wanted to know if max amps are good batteries and do they get good run times
Old 06-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tyler144
I just bought a max amps 5450mah 3s lipo and was just wanted to know if max amps are good batteries and do they get good run times
Dude, c'mon..

Oh, and that was a VERY pointless question... Kinda like saying, "So I just had 'relations' with my girlfriend, and she's as fertile as an immigrant... Do you think she'll birth my child?"

Kinda late to ask that question, right?

Old 06-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (97%+)

This is a trick question, right?
Old 06-13-2012, 03:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Shouldn't it be "I want to buy..."?
Old 06-13-2012, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Tyler, sorry for the rude answers you got to your post.
Here's a link to read about max amp batts. You will find that they are way to expensive, and their claims on product quality are inflated, but some people swear by them. Good luck and welcome to the forum..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rth-money.html

Last edited by FUAddicts; 06-13-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weavty1
Dude, c'mon..

Oh, and that was a VERY pointless question... Kinda like saying, "So I just had 'relations' with my girlfriend, and she's as fertile as an immigrant... Do you think she'll birth my child?"

Kinda late to ask that question, right?

Dude, c'mon..

Well If you look at the post count, I am sure even you, would see he's new. Maybe he's young, maybe this is his first time on a forum, I know his question has been beat to death, either way you could have handled it better. Just my opinion..
Old 06-13-2012, 04:52 AM
Tech Initiate

I have several MaxAmps products, to include a 5450 MAH 5S for my Vorza and I get at least 45 mins or so of bashing out of it.

In addition, I some smaller 2S units for my Merv and they're great batteries.

Some will complain they cost too much, etc but there's something to be said for doing business with Americans who own a company in America (WA) and they answer the phone, emails and stand behind their stuff.

Funny how a lot of the same people will bash MaxAmps and then talk about how risky it is to do business with Hobby King - LOL!

Do they cost more than Chinese-made LiPos? Yup. I have some "Traxxas" LiPos as well as Duratrax and they've been good, but there's no warranty/support. It has been my experience that you get what you pay for and I like MaxAmps stuff.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by USMC 0802
I have several MaxAmps products, to include a 5450 MAH 5S for my Vorza and I get at least 45 mins or so of bashing out of it.

In addition, I some smaller 2S units for my Merv and they're great batteries.

Some will complain they cost too much, etc but there's something to be said for doing business with Americans who own a company in America (WA) and they answer the phone, emails and stand behind their stuff.

Funny how a lot of the same people will bash MaxAmps and then talk about how risky it is to do business with Hobby King - LOL!

Do they cost more than Chinese-made LiPos? Yup. I have some "Traxxas" LiPos as well as Duratrax and they've been good, but there's no warranty/support. It has been my experience that you get what you pay for and I like MaxAmps stuff.
Im all for buying american thats why i use novak and proline stuff. However, as it has been noted this max amps topic has been pounded to death. After reading several threads on the issue i concluded the owner of maxamps is not someone i want to deal with. I read an article about a guy with an rc website that tested some max amps batteries and could not get anywhere near the same specs as claimed by maxamps and put the results on his website. Long story short, max amps went after the guy and threatened legal action to keep him quiet. The guy was forced to omit any mention of max amps on his website. I will not be purchasing any max amps products, but thats just my opinion.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Read this thread. All you need to know about max amps.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...sive-crap.html
Old 06-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am a MaxAmps User, and I have nothing but good to say about my batts. Do I wish they were a little cheaper , well ofcourse I do. Will I continue to buy them? Absolutley, If I ever need to. My experience with Max Amps has been great. Many Cycles of long runs and 20 amp charges and they still rock. I still try or test other batts from time to time, hoping I can find that same performance in terms of longevity, power, and charge capacity. So far the only other battery I have had the same results with was a Test Battery from a company not currently selling batteries.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

For those who don't know......... 95% of all LiPos are made in China by only 2 companies. They're not allowed to be made in the USA, only consumed in the USA. So, buying batteries from an American company is still buying Chinese products, only assembled in the USA.
Do NOT be fooled about buying "American made LiPos". Ain't no such animal. CANNOT make them in the USA.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by shagnat
For those who don't know......... 95% of all LiPos are made in China by only 2 companies. They're not allowed to be made in the USA, only consumed in the USA. So, buying batteries from an American company is still buying Chinese products, only assembled in the USA.
Do NOT be fooled about buying "American made LiPos". Ain't no such animal. CANNOT make them in the USA.

Did you know

the UW WA just announced a break though with Li-po tech ?

They have been able to achieve tripling the capacity over todays Li-po.tech

That's
USA BabY !!!!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shagnat
They never said they were made in the USA. They are assembled here and distributed from here. There are more than 2 places who make them, but they are not something that can be made by many like other rc products. Some people like them, some don't. In general people in the bashing world buy them and love them. Racers usually buy something reasonably comparable and complain about them.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Did you know

the UW WA just announced a break though with Li-po tech ?

They have been able to achieve tripling the capacity over todays Li-po.tech

That's
USA BabY !!!!!!
NOT USA made.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

You will find no LiPos actually created in the USA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.