Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sc1o hub bearings

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default sc1o hub bearings

i recently bought a new ft sc10 and at the frist race i blew out the outer rear hub bearings 2 tims. im running avid hex adapters and proline pro track beadlock wheels. is this adding to much stress on the bearing during a crash or landing?

im looking at putting the aluminum associated 0 deg hubs, avid rubber bearings inner and outer. not the ceramic ones the 1$ ones. will this fix the problem.

when the stock stuff blew out it destroyed the hub i dont want that to happen to 30$ hubs.

thanks, chris
Old 06-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

If you ask me, something is wrong. I have never destroyed a bearing. Maybe something is bent and putting stress on the bearing?
Old 06-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Should try the b44 rear hub swap. It has a larger outer bearing
Old 06-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Do you have the little tube between the bearings?
The alum. Hubs and the b44 have a larger outside bearing.
So they should help.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

this is a brand new truck, and yes the crush tube is between the bearings. only thing i can think is when i put the hex adapter on i did not use the two little shims between the hex and bearing. for te second set i put in it i did use the shims and a inner bearing blew out not a outer. they were used bearing though and maybe it was damaged.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

are the stock plastic hubs on the sc10 ft 0 deg. im looking at putting the aluminum b44 ones on it not shure what deg though.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by christmaxx
are the stock plastic hubs on the sc10 ft 0 deg. im looking at putting the aluminum b44 ones on it not shure what deg though.
Yes they are 0 deg. What degree of hubs to get will vary with tracks. Looser/low traction tracks I would go with 1 degree. But it can vary will driving style and track conditions.

With the bearings, anytime they do not feel butter smooth, replace them. Any grit, let them meet the garbage can. 3/16x3/8 bearings are cheap through avid or many others at $1 each. Do not waste your money on the AE packaged ones.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

so the aluminum hubs with the larger bearings will hold up better than the stock sized ones. i dont want to spend $40 on aluminum hubs and have the besrings blow out agin and damage the hubs.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Should help if you having issues with outers. I rarely ever have a bearing fail, but it may be due to me going though my car every race and replacing bearings regularly. If you let them go, the inner and outer races get sloppy and the bearing will eventually fail. If you replace them when they just start to get gritty, you should not have one actually fail during a run.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

right i didnt look at them after every run but this truck was brand new assembled by me before this race and i blew out 2 sets in one big race. one set after the third qualifyer so 20 minutes then the second set after the c main so 10 minutes. so 4 bearings in 30 minutes.