Wiki Posts
Search

LiPo question

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default LiPo question

I just got 2 hard pack 4000Mhz LiPo's for my buggy and it has the contacts on top of battery now when I put it in the buggy do I have to plug in the balancer wire or can I leave it unplugged when I'm racing, when I charge a LiPo I know I have to have it plugged in to balance charge it. I know on some batteries you can't remove this wire but the top contact type batteries you can cause they are plug in's. I don't wanna damage the battery.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M03Racer
I just got 2 hard pack 4000Mhz LiPo's for my buggy and it has the contacts on top of battery now when I put it in the buggy do I have to plug in the balancer wire or can I leave it unplugged when I'm racing, when I charge a LiPo I know I have to have it plugged in to balance charge it. I know on some batteries you can't remove this wire but the top contact type batteries you can cause they are plug in's. I don't wanna damage the battery.
no it doesnt need to be plugged in while running/racing i have one battery connector for charging and one for racing because of the reason the balancer can sometimes get in the way like one time i was racing and all of a sudden my steering locked up and i took it off the track come to find out the balancer plug got caught up in the steering assembly
Old 05-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

No need for the middle one to be plugged in while racing. Last weekend my car kept cutting out, turns out that middle plug kept hitting my aluminum shock towers and grounding out the battery! Tucked that plug away and ran problem free the rest of the day.