R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-15-2005, 01:07 AM   #1
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Servo saver-how to adjust?

I own a hyper 7 pcr and i used the s3003 servo that came with the radio system(OK i'll change it-BUT not now) and it doesn't steer at all.My bro has the same car-same servo and steers fine.The only difference that i can see on the two cars is that my servo savers spring is higher=more tight.How can i unscrew that bolt-tried and it won't move?What does the servo saver do and how does it affect the steering?
vti-chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:56 AM   #2
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

The servo saver does not put pressure on the servo. All it does is present a "shock absorber" between the front wheels and the servo itself. If the servo saver is too tight, the front wheels will turn just fine. If it is too loose, then the front wheels won't turn as much or at all.

Try this. Put the car on a stand so the wheels are off the ground. Turn on the radio and then the car. Hold one of the front wheels with your hand. Look at the steering servo arm and turn the wheel on the radio. If the servo arm turns and the wheel that is in your hand doesn't push your hand then your servo saver is too loose. If the servo arm doesn't turn then the problem is at your servo. Either the splines on the servo arm or stripped or more than likely the servo itself is stripped. Either way, your servo saver being too tight will not cause the problem you are describing.

That servo you and your brother are using is just a matter of time before they break in the application you are using them in.
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 09:02 PM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The tighter the servo saver the better the steering. Just less crash protection. Check your radio's epa settings if it has them.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote