Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transporting your RC gear when you go racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

an old thread, but bringing it up as I've been looking for a solution that is better than the large cardboard box I've been using the past 4 years !

I have a truck, and I pretty much pile everything back there in about 10 different boxes of various sizes, several shoe boxes and a few large TA SC104x4 boxes (the cardboard boxes the kits came in). ...its not a good solution, especially since I worry about my stuff tossing about in my truck and one of my cardboard boxes busted at the last race.

Was looking at getting a large tool box for my equipment, and for my cars was thinking of this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ziploc-Wea...ingMethod=p13n

I could get three of these for the 2-3 cars I usually transport. I'd probably line w/ foam so the cars don't bump around inside.

What do you guys use for your cars/trucks to and from the track??
Old 08-12-2016, 07:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't race, but when I transport my stuff,it's like this:

All 4 of the RCs in my sig fit in the gangbox with room to spare. Tools,parts in the others, batt charger in the small box on top.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
an old thread, but bringing it up as I've been looking for a solution that is better than the large cardboard box I've been using the past 4 years !

I have a truck, and I pretty much pile everything back there in about 10 different boxes of various sizes, several shoe boxes and a few large TA SC104x4 boxes (the cardboard boxes the kits came in). ...its not a good solution, especially since I worry about my stuff tossing about in my truck and one of my cardboard boxes busted at the last race.

Was looking at getting a large tool box for my equipment, and for my cars was thinking of this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ziploc-Wea...ingMethod=p13n

I could get three of these for the 2-3 cars I usually transport. I'd probably line w/ foam so the cars don't bump around inside.

What do you guys use for your cars/trucks to and from the track??
That is the same container I use to put my yz4 in . I throw that in a cheap $20 duffel bag with my tekno and radio case.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I race 1/10 indoor so maybe mines different but I use 3 things and I can take it in and out in one shot:

1. SWorks backpack - carries two 1/10 buggies, some towels, stand, some fluids, and more.

2. Husky toolbox from Home Depot, the bigger option with the tackle box like assortment up top, it's perfect for RC. I carry all my tools here and all my spare parts and and some various items.

3. ProTek large tramsmitter case, which holds both my KO PROPO EX-1 and my Hitec charger.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Here is a good video from J. Snyder - see alot of pros using the Ogio rolling hauler - i believe it's the 9800.