Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
FTW RC "For The Win" (Bodies and Accessories) >

FTW RC "For The Win" (Bodies and Accessories)

FTW RC "For The Win" (Bodies and Accessories)

Old 05-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tq_danpatterson
Thank you for saying so!

I always shake my chrome up really well before spraying it. Maybe it was just a property of the Losi bodies I painted. Only one way to find out- I'll have to get me a NightFox body and throw on YET ANOTHER NEW SCHEME FOR MY B4.1. No, seriously! This one's gunna be permanent! (Yeah, right.)

Seriously, though, I don't doubt your word. And by the way, give Spaz Stix Ultimate Mirror Chrome a try. I've used both Alclad II and Spaz Stix, and let me just say I am INFINITELY glad Spaz Stix is back in business and producing paint. You simply spray it on, straight out of the rattle can- and boom. 95% reflectivity in less than five minutes. Check it out: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ray-Paint-35oz

Now back on-topic, lol. For the next set of bodies I get for myself, I'm going to go for you guys. Seriously, I've waited long enough to support a state-local company. Just get that SCT body in production soon, guys! I'll be needing one.
Thanks Dan. I am definitely going to try the Spaz Stix chrome--it sounds excellent! Do you have to back it with black?
Old 05-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Exeter Hobbies
I just went on your website and all of your bodies look great, especially the SCT Body!!! I wish you guys the greatest of luck!
Thank you!
Old 05-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by asc6000
Vanes for the RB5 and the B4ft ? please
Noted. We'll be considering all options when we get back to work on 1:10 projects.
Diggin' the matte finish on that Vane!
Old 05-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

cant wait to see more shots of the Short Course body
Old 05-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GoldenEye
Thanks Dan. I am definitely going to try the Spaz Stix chrome--it sounds excellent! Do you have to back it with black?
Yes. Shoot some WB black behind it. I would also try Spaz Stix's chrome-backer that they sell. I've never tried it, but I'll be getting a bottle next time I order from A Main.

I like to spray chrome as the first color in my paint jobs, for the purpose of getting the best possible lines. If you wait to spray chrome last, you may find that some of the surrounding colors had actually seeped into your cut lines, and muddied them a bit. However, if you do spray chrome first, be very careful about removing the other sections of liquid mask directly surrounding the chrome. The chrome barely sticks to itself, but does stick to the layer of WB paint that may be built up on it. Which means that if you try to yank up the sections of paint mask that butt directly up against the chrome, you may rip off some of the chrome along with them. What you have to try and do is make the built-up layer of WB paint tear along the same cut line as the mask underneath it. I hope that makes sense, and you get something from it.

However, the most important thing I can tell you about Spaz Stix chrome is NOT to spray acrylic clear coat as the finishing coat. I tried spraying Krylon acrylic clear coat on a body with lots of chrome, even with several coats of WB overspray covering the chrome- and the clear coat made the chrome turn milky and foggy. A chemical reaction that penetrates the WB paints is all I can think of, but it ruined the chrome. So yeah- stay away from clear coats. Rustoleum protective enamel doesn't effect it, though, when the chrome is backed with WB black as usual.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

How do you get the matte finish like on the vane?
Old 05-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by umm winning
How do you get the matte finish like on the vane?
Looks like that was simply sprayed on the outside.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Tested the Sc Body this past weekend. It flies great and does not seem to hold air like some of the other bodies do. More testing on a outdoor rough track this weekend.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The SC body will also be on a couple of cars for AMS including myself, and I think Smiley.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Turns out I will not be able to make AMS. Bummer, But oh well. Lots of other races though for sure.

The SC Body is holding up great. Going to a local series race this weekend to do more testing.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I love the FTW bodies. Can't wait to purchase and paint more. Here is my 22 Vane body. Love the looks and it performs very well.
Attached Thumbnails FTW RC "For The Win" (Bodies and Accessories)-22.jpg  
Old 05-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Here is one on my mbx6e...Love it
Attached Thumbnails FTW RC "For The Win" (Bodies and Accessories)-0420121713a.jpg  
Old 06-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Night Fox for the Xray XB9 is now avaliable! As well as the Exabyte for the Losi 8ight E! Pick one up at www.avidrc.com
Old 06-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

something for the dex210 please

like the Exabyte or the Tactic / night fox
Old 06-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by "Smiley"
Tested the Sc Body this past weekend. It flies great and does not seem to hold air like some of the other bodies do. More testing on a outdoor rough track this weekend.
very good to hear. whats the thickness of the body? did you have any holes cut out? thx for the update!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.