Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

MIP Bypass1

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I put the medium washers in and it works great. I did have to go up in weight to mimic my old setup. The car is glued.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRapid
Wow lots of great info on this thread.

I'm planning to give these a shot on my 10th scale trophy truck. You've probably seen my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/CyconXc
What shocks are you running?

The biggest problem I've faced with the shocks is having enough compression. I've tried the M2C pistons but I want better. RTR my truck sits at about 11 lbs. I know you're all probably thinking that's crazy for a 10th scale. My goal is to be able to run the thinner oils and still have that pack. Now I'm not jumping these 15ft like a race truck/buggy, scaled down these should only get 1 foot of air at the most (height wise). Sure I'd go bigger if I could dial in the shocks more. With these things you want it to be ultra plush over small stuff but still be able to take the larger jumps, similar to what you all are trying to achieve. Scale handling is one of the biggest features of these and I think the bypass pistons should help. (spring rates are another huge issue but we'll save that for another time)

If you've watched my videos you've seen I've been able to dial in my shocks pretty well, I just want to take it that next step. Hopefully these will work. Like someone said this tech is what the industry needs.
What shocks are you running?
Old 04-16-2015, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Axial Yeti shocks with M2C tapered pistons, and for springs either scte or tekno. The 10mm slash bypasses will fit. I've tried the RPM 2 stage and they were duds.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

Any further info? Looking for anything to do with indoor setups. Lots of replies but no detailed information...pro2 & 10th buggy needed...
Old 12-27-2015, 07:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Are these being ran with bladders or without bladders?