Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine Troubles!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 05:20 AM
Tech Adept

Exclamation Engine Troubles!

Just yesterday I was tryiing to rebuild my engine. When I took off the carb, I noticed a tiny bit of rust on the crankshaft. I always use after run oil, and I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get the rust of.

After that, I tried to take the heatsink off. Well my good allen wrenches didn't work so I got an old "L" shaped allen wrench with some pliers and got off the first screw. On the second screw, it was so stuck in the engine that I stripped the wrench! I cant unscrew that screw with anything that i have.

Is there any special way to get out a stuck screw?

Thanks,
Jake
Old 06-23-2002, 11:46 PM
Tech Rookie

you could counter drill the screw. but Id say that has to be bad for the engine. good chance the whole thing will be stripped out and thatd be bad.

go to the store and find a hardened allen wrench. good news is that thing wont strip ever. bad news is if the screw really is not comin out, you might strip the head. but if you have to come down to counter drilling the screw, not much to lose.

Make sure the wrech is the PERFECT size. any play will kill it. its gotta be TIGHT.
Old 07-03-2002, 05:26 PM
Tech Initiate

get a good wrench and remove the other three head bolts..this will let the head tilt a little and loosen the stripped bolt slightly,making it easier to turn out..it works everytime for me

Mike
Old 07-05-2002, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Save some dough and get a new engine. You may take out all the screw but a rusted engine wont perform well, getting a new engine in the long run is way better>>> goodluck
Old 07-08-2002, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

Red face

Thanks for the help, I was able to get out all the screws without stipping any of them.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

Angry More Engine problems

I can't figure out what the heck is wrong with my engine. I bring it outside to race around, but the engine doesn't stay running. I have an RC10GT with an OS CV-X engine.

Whenever I push on the brakes, the engine dies out. If I punch on the throttle too hard, it also dies out.

Previosly, I took my engine apart and I saw some really tiny scratches on the crankshaft. I could also push my piston to the top of the sleeve with a little bit of force.

What do I need to do
Do i just need a new piston and sleeve because my engines compresion is low?
Is my engine ruined and I need to buy a new one?

Please help. If I need a new engine, what are some good choices? I know that OS makes really good engines, and I would want something more powerfull than my old engine. I don't want to spend over $130 if possible.

Thanks,