Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/10th Scale 4x4 Short Course for Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
had a few good points in there then you had to go and blow it..

Losi w/ the FT (TLR) parts including chassis is actually lighter than the sc10 4x4 (with a 6500mAH lipo I'm at or under 6.0lbs on the track depending on tire choice) and way more durable once all upgraded (carbon towers and lightened diff outdrives).

Losi can turn and win with the best of them, I ran mine on a tight indoor track all winter against sc10's and had no issues beating them ;P First off run your losi with no front sway bar and 35-37.5wt oils, black springs... and don't over power it, or she will push.

Trust me when I say the sc10 sucks to work on, dual transmissions really? and requires way more work between races and way more diff issues. The FT or FT upgrade is a must to even be slightly competative w/ the sc10 4x. You setup your losi right all you do is quick diff oil swaps every month or 6 ;P depending on how often you run. There is no other 'regular maintainance' LOL maybe check screw tightness and wheel lugs shock oil levels which you should do on any vehicle If you dont have the new center cvd pins gettum, that or the kingheadz pin keepers and you won't ever have to touch those either. I so swap out plastic and ends as needed or yearly (super cheap, but I do this on most all vehicles I race) and I swap the plastic diff cups out every year or as needed.

I was referring to out of the box. If TLR came out with a "TLR" version, then fine, but I have the original version as I bought it as soon as it came out, because I am not biased toward any brand. If you are talking about an aftermarket chassis, than thats fine too, but you can make any car light by throwing money at it. Its pretty obvious that you prefer Losi & thats fine, just giving my honest, unbiased opinion as an owner of both trucks.

Like I said, its just my opinion, so you blew it by being a douche
Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

I have positioned Caster to be lightweight trick 1/10 and we will have the 1/8 buggy conversion also. I don't care which way the market goes as long as it goes.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Sweet! Does it come stock with the Proline Flotek body! Nice! It's about time a company just includes a legit racing body from Proline or JConcepts since that's what we all use.
i doubt it. the more likely scenario is that they just ripped off the design...
Old 05-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

im sure someone has said it already, but if your LHS has a lot of associated parts, get the sc10 4x4, if your LHS has a lot of Losi parts, get the SCTE all the short course trucks are very equal and you probably wont find any difference in handling (IMO)
Old 05-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Had an SC10 4x4. Hated it. Working on it was such a pain and everything important was so scrunched in. The battery was annoying to put in and take out, getting to the rear diff is a 10 minute job and getting to the front diff is a joke. It's a great truck when running correctly, and it's a great thing to look at. But from a overall standpoint, it's a bitch. I've had my Losi for about 2 weeks, and I am so happy. Everything is right there to be worked on, the battery tray/straps are a breeze. While it is heavier, that isn't always a bad thing. It's not as twitchy on the straights and let someone try to run into you. My recommendation is the Losi.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

the weight of the losi was a bigger deal when the truck first came out when all that was out there was 2 pole 550's. when people started to see what the 4 poles could do (starting with the 1410), plus the price of decent quality, high c-rated batteries coming down, weight wasn't nearly as big of a deal. some like the way a lighter truck handles, and that may be legit and offer handling advantages, but if your 4x4SC class is anything like it is around here, it's nice to have a little weight on your truck..
Old 05-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prdmetalworks
I was referring to out of the box. If TLR came out with a "TLR" version, then fine, but I have the original version as I bought it as soon as it came out, because I am not biased toward any brand. If you are talking about an aftermarket chassis, than thats fine too, but you can make any car light by throwing money at it. Its pretty obvious that you prefer Losi & thats fine, just giving my honest, unbiased opinion as an owner of both trucks.

Like I said, its just my opinion, so you blew it by being a douche
Nice... smile and have some fun.. they are toy cars.

BTW why not compare the TLR vs a FT? The sc10 4x with out the FT parts is a mess... apples vs apples. Then again you drop a RTR scte on the ground and a sc10 4x as it comes 95% of drivers turn faster laps w/ the scte.. if that means anything

Last edited by 8ight-e; 05-11-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

There's only only one choice - SCTE
+1

I hardly ever work on mine to fix stuff, hardly ever breaks, just charge batteries and slap some tires on and go!

Work on it at home during the week...
Old 05-11-2012, 05:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by hakmazter
I have positioned Caster to be lightweight trick 1/10 and we will have the 1/8 buggy conversion also. I don't care which way the market goes as long as it goes.
I will be keeping an eye out for this one as well!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
but if your 4x4SC class is anything like it is around here, it's nice to have a little weight on your truck..
I like mine "heavy"!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by hakmazter
You got any updates on the new SCT?
Old 05-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i doubt it. the more likely scenario is that they just ripped off the design...
An just a Chinese know off of a proline design... Sheesh.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

An just a Chinese know off of a proline design... Sheesh.
i'd have a hard time supporting a company that would just blatantly rip off someone else's design.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Its exciting having more companies join the fight so to speak. But the companies that are tried and true and are supported by yuor local shop are what are going to keep you enjoying your truck. I am not the person to tell you which to buy as I am a bit biased. Whatever you do, buy good electronics once, pull the trigger, and have a blast. It is all about smiling and I can tell you, sometimes, that isnt the same as all about winning.

Folks saying the Losi truck isnt the more durable truck out there, I find that very interesting. I can count the number of SCTE's that I have seen not finish a night on one hand after years of racing the truck, from a broken part.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Prophet

i'd have a hard time supporting a company that would just blatantly rip off someone else's design.

Oh ok thanks about the punch control how much should i start with ?

Hacker : I agree with you im not sure how anybody could break this truck lol . As with electrics the non big name electrics are not bad at all even though the price is much cheaper with not the best service your still not paying that much . I know ive seen Castles smoke and Tekins so they all can do it you know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.