Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Hpi trophy flux truggy 1/8 brushless >

Hpi trophy flux truggy 1/8 brushless

Hpi trophy flux truggy 1/8 brushless

Old 04-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hpi trophy flux truggy 1/8 brushless

I just got my new truggy today. Been a nitro guy my whole life and finally broke down and went electric. What have u people been using as lipo batteries and has any had to do any major changes out the box?
Old 01-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Still have your truggy?

I use Gens Ace 2s 40c 5000mAh batteries from Hobbypartz.com about $30-35 each depending on the sale of the day.

No major changes on mine out of the box. But it wasn't too long before I broke a rear hub. Went to gpmpartz.com and picked up an aluminum set. No issues there since. Then I cartwheeled her about a dozen times in a row and when she stopped the left front wheel kept rolling. All the way accross the yard. Ahhh, I was thinking instantly. I ended up breaking the tiny axles on the front. I just ordered all the parts to convert to true 17mm hubs. We'll see what that does for her. Other than that I know to check all fastners for tightness and do that often. Oh, one last thing I did but since the axle is broken and waiting for parts I don't know what it's like yet. I swapped out the 15t pinion for an 18t. Alot of guys are saying the 18t really wakes the truggy up and the motor/esc stay cool. I have never had my motor get more than luke warm. The esc gets no than warm. Never hotter.

Hope to hear from ya.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

dude no point in resurrecting a year old thread that shouldn't be a thread in the first place
please use this thread http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...uggy-flux.html
Old 01-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=asc6000;11699649]dude no point in resurrecting a year old thread that shouldn't be a thread in the first place
please use this thread

Ok man, I get it. Thanks for pointing out this thread. Love it!