Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
ZD Racing ZRE-1 1/8th scale 4x4 RTR Buggy >

ZD Racing ZRE-1 1/8th scale 4x4 RTR Buggy

ZD Racing ZRE-1 1/8th scale 4x4 RTR Buggy

Old 04-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default ZD Racing ZRE-1 1/8th scale 4x4 RTR Buggy

Has anyone heard of this buggy? Better yet, has anyone owned, used, driven or seen this buggy in action?

It is a RTR buggy and it is not expensive. I do understand that you get what you pay for, but I would like to know your thoughts, if any.

I would like to get a 1/8th scale buggy, but don't want to break the bank, if I don't have to. Is the ZD Racing buggy worth it?
Old 04-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you can find OEM parts, or retrofit big name parts I'd say go for it. If parts available is a issue with known quality brands I.e Durango I'd assume it would be for this no name kit.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Are ZD Racing the same as HSP? If so, stay away. Also, how much is it? If it's around $400, you'd be much better off with a Ofna LX2e RTR or something similar.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I've heard it's a pretty decent rtr, only question would be about parts availability like mentioned above. Another solid rtr to look at is the Caster EX1.5 rtr. I run the older version of the pro kit and LOVE the fact I can use my 2s lipos in saddle configuration. I've got 4s lipos for my helicopters but they're not the same capacity as what you'd use for eighth scale and buying batteries that are going to spend most of their time in storage isn't a way I want to spend my "who's yer daddy" money if you know what I mean