Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bashing a 22t - am i crazy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Snobike Mike
Mainly I run around the yard on the grass or at the park. I'll fool around with small jumps but not really looking to jump off the roof tops or anything.
With that, as long as you're not clipping vertical pipes/trees/etc, they'll be pretty reliable. They're nowhere near as robust as a Traxxas, though.

I've pitched the Rustler down the road a few times or in the grass I've cart wheeled it a few times at full tilt.
A grass cartwheel shouldn't hurt a race truck as long as that's not something you do constantly. Asphalt would risk a broken arm, but it would probably survive the occasional one of those, too. The 22T probably has somewhat more risk of breaking than a T4.1FT simply because it's heavier, but time will tell (currently the 22Ts are too new to know how often they'll break).

Not sure I want to go all the way up to a 1/8th. Lot bigger and seems to have a price point the match.
True, but you make up for it in rarely needing to fix anything.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't really dig the look of a SCT. They kind of remind me of dump trucks running around. (sorry flame suit on...)
Oh snap you just offended me.. I drive a dump truck, and its sexy!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Ofna Hyper TT. Buy it as a roller and start upgrading. It will do much better than a ST in the grass and they are tons of fun.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I would definitely bash one. Its 2x stronger than any stadium I have ever owned even the rustler.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

If your looking for a basher, with the right upgrades the Losi 22T is fine as long as you dont do anything too crazy with it. But I would recommend a 4wd kit for bashing. 4wd is a lot more fun and does better in the grass then 2wd. I would look into the Losi SCTE, or if you really want a stadium truck then maybe the OFNA Hyper 10TT.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't really dig the look of a SCT. They kind of remind me of dump trucks running around. (sorry flame suit on...)
AWESOME! agreed

Recently had my Hyper 10TT stolen. Great truck, but a bit fragile and high-maintenance for bashing. You'll be replacing CVD's all the time, and cleaning out 3 diffs is a PITA - plus it's not a kit, tho you'd be taking it apart plenty

Will be replacing it with a 22T and I'm primarily a backyard track-basher!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Hi,

Newb to here and to RC's. Got my first RC (rustler vxl) and having a hoot with it.

Only problem is my 5 year old son has adopted/stolen the Rustler so now I'd like to build a basher for me.

I want to build something (rather than getting another RTR) and was thinking the TLR 22T.

Am i nuts? Is it to much of a race only truck that will break every time I run it?

TIA.

Cheers.
That's not nuts at all, but it is a little overkill. It's like getting a Corvette just to drive down the block to get your groceries. It's great though, that you want to build a kit. You will learn a lot. I love building kits. If you are intent on getting a stadium truck then it's good choice. The AE T4.1 is also a fine choice.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by blade329
That's not nuts at all, but it is a little overkill. It's like getting a Corvette just to drive down the block to get your groceries.

I know it's alittle overkill but I want something cool to build and don't mind if it costs a little more. If I do start to get into racing then at least I have a rig I can start with as well.