Search

hyper PBS or not...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default hyper PBS or not...

Hello R/C clan,
I am new to buggies but really weant to get one and I am having problems trying to figure out which will be a good pick. I will be mainly bashing and maybe and maybe race if I get time to race. The race night at my local night, I am usually still working. I met a guy at my local track selling a hyper pbs stock for $350. This is the rtr version with starter box and stock items that come with the rtr version. The condition is still good and he says that it has 2 quarts of nitro through it. I really want to spend about the 300's but not sure if that is more for racing versus durability. Bashing to me is going to a dirt lot and maybe jumps of 3 feet. I already have a T Maxx and that is my beater. Do you guys think I should go for the used one or just go for lower end and get new? I have noticed that Ofna buggies have problems with screws getting loose so I will have to lock tight the whole buggy. Is this just for OFNA PBS? Sorry in advance for the long thread. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

I have had a Hyper 7 PBS for almost 2 years now. Love it a lot. Good for bashing and racing.

I just posted pics of mine in another thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=62033

Hope it can help answer some of your questions.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This is a great car. A version of the Hyper 7 TQ'ed t the worlds. It's a great car. As far as price, I'm really not sure. What does it go for new? The big bonus with spending that extra little bit of cash is that you get a starter box. I thought that was a real bonus when I got mine. I decided to get another buggy that's strictly for raceing but the Hyper did me well last year, bashing and racing.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

I have raced in the past - but mostly bash now with mine.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

bashed and raced with mine to it was the pcr threw in a 2 speed and a p5 and it lit up my face and still does
Old 02-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

some bashing of the pbs pcr im sure you will have fun with it
Old 02-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

WOW!!! Off those bike ramps, I have not been able to get that much air!!! That looks fun!!!

How much difference do you see in the 2 spd? How does it perform, and do you like it?
Old 02-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

well there is definatly a differance not that sugnificant at the race track since my local track is kind of small, but for regular bashing it improved a little enough to put a smile on my face
Old 02-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by studysession
[B]WOW!!! Off those bike ramps, I have not been able to get that much air!!! That looks fun!!! oh it got a lot an average of 25 to 40 feet and it was and still is a lot of fun thanks