Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Ten SCTE

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi Ten SCTE

Hey guys I'm looking to get a racing a I've decided to get a losi ten SCTE I'm gonna get the roller an I need some help with the electronics so far I wanna get :

Tekin pro4 4600kv
Tekin rx8 esc
Savox 1258 servo

I wanna know what you guys think of that an besides a remote an receiver an lipos is there anything else that I need to get?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTGuy43
Hey guys I'm looking to get a racing a I've decided to get a losi ten SCTE I'm gonna get the roller an I need some help with the electronics so far I wanna get :

Tekin pro4 4600kv
Tekin rx8 esc
Savox 1258 servo

I wanna know what you guys think of that an besides a remote an receiver an lipos is there anything else that I need to get?

If money is no issue:

Tires, tires, tires (depends on what track you race on)
Upgraded chassis (kingheadz, bce, etc)
TLR tuning kit
Lightened outdrives
Chris pins (stock ones suck, even updated ones)
Old 04-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTGuy43

Tekin pro4 4600kv
Tekin rx8 esc
Savox 1258 servo

Check the scte thread.. one of the best threads on here..

that said.

I tell everyone.

1) if you don't buy the TRL kit, buy the carbon shock towers front and rear for sure.
2) snag the race springs (rear for sure, both if you have the funds)
3) Run the stock diff's in the front and center as long as you like the feel, very little wear w/ the grease
4) swap rear diff to 2k or 3k fluids (search the scte thread for how to keep a good seal on the diff)
5) if you buy only 1 set of tires see what everyone is running at your track before making the purchase, especially the top 2 or 3 drivers.
6) take the time to lighten up the battery tray at the very least, see the thread for more ideas and mods if you want to loose more weight

As your diff outdrives wear (takes a while) replace with the lightened hardened versions (they are way better).

I do recommend the king headz cvd sleeves or cvd pin keeper set, typically over time the plastic keepers that are stock wear out then the pin slides over just enough to not only wear the cvd but also break the small pin. If the pin never comes out of place, you typically don't ever have an issue other than normal wear.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys