Wiki Posts
Search

What to do with my Losi Strike...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paldude
Right, so after the race today, I was wondering how I could solve one issue with my truck. I noticed that the rear wheel to where I'm steering always lifts up causing me to rollover quite often (so if I'm steering left the rear left wheel goes up). I was told that this was caused because of the excess of traction I have on my car. I am not so sure whether this is normal with all short course trucks or just with the Strike. He said that the best way to solve this is by reducing traction, but I have no idea on how to do this. Help would be appreciated .
Add sway bars and more negative camber and lower your ride height. I am not aware of the sway bar option for the strike and to be honest, this truck was a disaster for losi and it really was not designed for racing. Running on concrete is going to give you the most traction either way, so ride height is your best option if possible.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmackani
Add sway bars and more negative camber and lower your ride height. I am not aware of the sway bar option for the strike and to be honest, this truck was a disaster for losi and it really was not designed for racing. Running on concrete is going to give you the most traction either way, so ride height is your best option if possible.
I have tried lowering the ride height many times. I got to the point where I had to cut part of the body because it touched the wheels. How would camber affect the way the truck handles?
Old 03-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paldude
I have tried lowering the ride height many times. I got to the point where I had to cut part of the body because it touched the wheels. How would camber affect the way the truck handles?
Negative camber will take away some of the side bite in the corners. On concrete, don't hesitate to go -3 on the front and -5 on the rear. The top of the wheel will be in further than the bottom.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well, after days of searching about racing in Spain, there is no real racing regarding short course trucks, there are not enough people to actually have a race. I was told that the most common types of vehicles are stadium trucks and buggies, and I went with stadium trucks. My question is not about which truck I should buy (probably the rc10t4.1) but I have a problem regarding my batteries. The batteries I have which are 4000mah 7.4v Losi LiPo batteries have a different connector than the output of the associated truck. I have no idea how I would be able to connect my batteries to this truck. Will I have to replace the ESC, or are there other ways in which I could make my batteries be able to connect to the car. Another question, and the sizes of batteries usually "universal"? Or might my batteries not be able to fit in the car whatsoever. Thanks.