Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN 150A - any bad experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uDi_MP7.5
My motor is a HW xerun sensored 2250kv so hopefully it'll play well with the matching ESC on 5s. I'm not geared very high, the old ESC just combusted spontaneously while the car was sitting still after a short (<1min) run.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that motor meant for 4s max?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah you're technically right, do you think that could have caused the previous HK ESC failure though? I find it hard to imagine, especially when the car was just sitting still.

I've run the combo past the HW distributor and he didn't seem to see a problem with running it this way. Surely the only thing that would/should fail is the motor itself?
Old 03-27-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Razorbelly
The switch on mine turns off while racing, did it two times yesterday.

I had the same issue.

Then i glued on the switch to the side of the esc so that the on position was downwards.

After that i have had zero issues.

It must have been because of hard landings, and now they just press the switch down, where it should be.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just picked mine up today, first impressions are good!

With the same HW sensored motor it runs noticeably smoother than the HK junk did, and lasted one pack so far without going up in smoke, so it's already doing better haha.

Was easy to program and currently running on 5s. Hopefully it keeps going for a long time.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

i've had hw 150a esc for about 2 years and run well until one day the bec circuit decided to die. i sent it to where i bought it in hongkon (im from the philippines) spent 700 pesos (aproximately $15) waited for 2 months and got back my esc. they even replaced my fan since i told them that it started to sound a little bit noisy. im happy with their service
Old 04-17-2012, 01:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I've had a bad run on Hobbywings lately

A HW150A esc stopped working after running a Tekin 17.5 Sensored to test on 2s Lipo. Testing in my VTA car waiting on my Justock esc

A HW120A 1 Cell esc smoked the BEC running a 13.5 motor on 2s Lipo to test (esc got very hot, still turned on, no power from rx wire) Well within specs stated in the manual. Testing in a Sakura S for a couple of driveway runs geared very conservatively.