Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Children Repellents

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I usually say its broken and im fixing it or the simple words that they do understand "its dead",and they usually leave right away
Old 03-21-2012, 10:21 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default child

I would tell them to go an get therein mother or dad, and turn down the speed of the car and let them listen to there parents. I let my 4 year old run all of my cars! !!!! I mean nitro also!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

I had a kid ask if he could drive my b44 a while back...just finished the build and wanted to drive it so I took it down to a nice park where people fly helis/planes often....I told him if he could beat my car in a drag race to a tree, about 150ft away, on his bike, he could drive it all day long....Needless to say, he did not come close to out running a 5.5t and thus didn't get to drive my car.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Entr0phy
I had a kid ask if he could drive my b44 a while back...just finished the build and wanted to drive it so I took it down to a nice park where people fly helis/planes often....I told him if he could beat my car in a drag race to a tree, about 150ft away, on his bike, he could drive it all day long....Needless to say, he did not come close to out running a 5.5t and thus didn't get to drive my car.
That's got to be borderline child abuse...
Old 03-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

I have had kids get cut that i said no and tried to run it over, I just swore at them real loud as if I would almost bash them, not that i would but i just wanted them to be scared and f off, it worked......

Last edited by LOSI123; 03-22-2012 at 02:55 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I always let kids drive my cars when I'm at the park. I just turn the throttle EPA way down and let them rip. If it breaks, oh well, I can fix it :P
Old 03-22-2012, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
I always let kids drive my cars when I'm at the park. I just turn the throttle EPA way down and let them rip. If it breaks, oh well, I can fix it :P
x2 Thats the way its supposed to be. These guys act like these cars cost a fortune to fix if they do get torn up.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Don't know what you all are running. I have a t|Traxxas Rustler I pack around with me when I go to the track. Depending on how old they are I normally turn down the throttle and stand their with them. It's cheap enough The worst part I have broken was 8.00.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by WindDrake
I take my gear to the park all the time, and the kids around here occasionally ask to have a go with it.

If the parents are around, sometimes I'll give them a quick How-To Lesson with the radio, turn the EPA down 50-75%, then let them tool around with it. But only if the parent is standing over the kid.

Kids by themselves? Nope, go away. If they don't go away, my gear goes back in the car until they go away. Haven't had anybody push that one yet.
+1!

It's very simple. As you stated "with parents" EPA goes down, let them have a go. Talk to the parent about our hobby. If $300 to get into it doesn't scare them, then point them to the local hobby shop.

"No parents", no go. Kindly explain to them that they will need one of their parents there "for insurance reasons". (Even if it is a micro)

For some of you that have a Slash as an extra R/C bring it with you. Let them have a go with that. Be an Ambassador for our hobby.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tony Corley
x2 Thats the way its supposed to be. These guys act like these cars cost a fortune to fix if they do get torn up.
its not the fact that the cars don't cost much to fix.

it costs money to play...some people are on a real tight budget especially in this economy. They work their ass off to play. Their hobby budget maybe so tight that a break could make there r/c sit for a couple of weeks.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tony Corley
I don't understand the big deal in letting a kid drive. Afterall, they are just toys. Didn't your mothers teach you to share your toys? And since most of these people in the parks are just using bashers anyway, whats the big deal? They don't cost that much to begin with.
It's nice that you got money to throw around, but explain to me why I should spend 30 bucks in spare parts and an hour or two of my spare time to fix a truck cause some kid didn't have the common sense to drive decently with someone else's truck?
My brother in law let his nephew drive his Slash 2WD (which is already one of the most sturdy trucks around). The "drive" lasted all of 60 seconds, when he underestimated the speed of the truck (not to mention a lack of understanding of the concept of brakes) and smashed it head-first into a wall. 40$ to fix and half the truck to replace, not to mention a 4 week wait time for the parts.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Arakon
It's nice that you got money to throw around, but explain to me why I should spend 30 bucks in spare parts and an hour or two of my spare time to fix a truck cause some kid didn't have the common sense to drive decently with someone else's truck?
My brother in law let his nephew drive his Slash 2WD (which is already one of the most sturdy trucks around). The "drive" lasted all of 60 seconds, when he underestimated the speed of the truck (not to mention a lack of understanding of the concept of brakes) and smashed it head-first into a wall. 40$ to fix and half the truck to replace, not to mention a 4 week wait time for the parts.
Ha ha... Been there... and that was a 34yr old....
Old 03-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
+1!

...Be an Ambassador for our hobby.
Cant say it any better than that.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

I really think its situational.... Nothing around to hit, no risk of damage to my vehicle... Sure.. Have a go! The only thing i would never hand off is my Mini Revo... It tops out @ about 77... No kid need touch that!!!! At my city park there are always 100 kids down there... Only 2-3 ever mention anything about "Wow that's cool!! Where can I get one...". And if the kids were raised CORRECTLY, they will not ASK to drive it! They will stand by for a moment and observe what you are doing with it... If your nice enough, sure, you'll give em the sticks for a minute... In my experience, the dads have always been more into it than the kids... I had a guy in the park with two kids the other day just chew my ear to pieces about how he use to be into hobby grade RC until he had kids....
Old 03-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Keep a bowl of broccoli/spinach around and see em disappear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.