I do this in my house, here's what I do:
1. Take a plastic 500ml pop bottle and cut off the bottom of it.
2. Cut a peice of carboard the width of your window and 10 inches high with a hole in it the size of the bottom of the pop bottle.
3. Create a flexible "tube" with brown paper bag, tape one end to the cardboard in the window and the other to the pop bottle (I use duct tape)
4. Place the end of the pop bottle on the end of the cars exhaust and use electrical tape to seal it off.
5. Optional: Place a small computer fan (12V) at the opening of the carboard to vent the exhaust out, connect to power supply.
Prop the car up level with the window on your pit table and fire it up. All the exhaust will be vented outside and the oil residue will be captured by the plastic pop bottle. Don't do this when someone is sleeping, it will be loud!!!
By doing it this way you will be in the comfort of your home, at you pit table and the car will never be in the super cold air.
It's kinda crude but I've made this setup a couple times and it works like charm.