Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SC10 4x4 extended chassis

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb SC10 4x4 extended chassis

So I was searching to see if anyone made an extended chassis for the 4x4 and have not found any. I've seen ones for buggies, but not short course trucks. I work in the engineering field and have many contacts for injection molding, so I am planning on designing my own kit to sell (length TBD). The kit would include the extended chassis plate, belt, belt covers, foam piece for battery, and any other needed components.

I have two questions:
1) Is anyone interested in one or looking for the same thing (this will determine if I go through with it)
2) Does anyone know the max wheelbase for shortcourse truck allowed in ROAR/IFMAR (if there are any). I looked through the rules and saw specifications for buggy and trucks, but nothing specifically stated short course. I figured if I'm going to make one, I'll make it ROAR/IFMAR legal.

If I do end up starting an operation to have these manufactured, I would like to start making others. Are there any parts for racing that you know alot of people are looking for/wanting?

Thanks
Old 03-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I think something people would want right now would be higher rate springs. Not sure if you can make that, but it something desired.

You could also do a machined chassis in stock length that is made to better accept a stick pack down the center. that is one of the hot mods for people who chose to use stick packs.

Someone also mentioned a machined front chassis, heck, maybe all three pieces.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wheel base (Both) Minimum 320mm (12.59 in) :: Maximum 335mm (13.19 in)

Overall Length Minimum 540mm (21.25 in) :: Maximum 568mm (22.36 in)
Overall Length (Expert Open 4x4) Minimum 511mm (20.10 in) :: Maximum 568mm (22.36 in)

Overall Width Minimum 290mm (11.42 in) :: Maximum 296mm (11.65 in)
Overall Width (Expert Open 4x4) Minimum 273mm (10.75 in) :: Maximum 296mm (11.65 in)

Weight Minimum 2098 gr (74 oz)
Weight (Expert Open 4x4) Minimum 2505 gr (88 oz)

Vehicle Height Overall (Both) Minimum 199mm (7.835 in)

This from the the ROAR Rulebook 2010. I do not believe there has been a addendum to change these measurements (there has been for tire tread width).