Search

Issue with Connecting ESC to TX/RX

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Issue with Connecting ESC to TX/RX

Hey Guys,

Have a MMP that I am trying to get going. It's in an sc10 4x4. Got the truck with MMP and 4.5 motor already installed.

Long story short, when I hooked it up to my receiver and connected the batter I got power to my steering servo, but no response at all from the motor when the throttle was applied. Steering is Ch 1 and ESC Ch 2.

I also have a third connector, that I'm not sure where it goes.

Any ideas? I'm just getting back into the sport, so I'm hoping this is just a noob mistake I'm making and I overlooked a step.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by texasam82
Hey Guys,

Have a MMP that I am trying to get going. It's in an sc10 4x4. Got the truck with MMP and 4.5 motor already installed.

Long story short, when I hooked it up to my receiver and connected the batter I got power to my steering servo, but no response at all from the motor when the throttle was applied. Steering is Ch 1 and ESC Ch 2.

I also have a third connector, that I'm not sure where it goes.

Any ideas? I'm just getting back into the sport, so I'm hoping this is just a noob mistake I'm making and I overlooked a step.
are the lights on the esc turning on at all?
if so you might need to re-calibrate the throttle and brake setting like so the esc know what full brake and neutral and full throttle is, and also make sure the darkest wire out of the three coming from the receiver to the rx is facing away from the rx
Old 03-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The lights are coming on and the esc is making some noises.

Would this lack of calibration make it do nothing at all when throttle is applied?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by texasam82
The lights are coming on and the esc is making some noises.

Would this lack of calibration make it do nothing at all when throttle is applied?
well i had a sidewinder system awhile back and when i first got it hooked up it made the start up noise like it should( a few tones cycled twice then two tones by themselves) when you turn it one and the led's flashed but i had to calibrate it first before i ran it so it may be the problem and castle also suggests to do it whenever its plugged into a new rx so u should give it a try and see what happens. if you dont have the manual here is a link to the website and the manual is at the bottom under resources. Also if your running sensor-less it might be set in sensored mode or vise versa unless the esc has automatic adaption to which it is.

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...a_max_pro.html

Last edited by rcduder; 03-05-2012 at 11:30 PM.