Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motors that work with the SC-15wp?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Motors that work with the SC-15wp?

I have an HPI Blitz with the SC-15wp ESC. I recently burnt out my motor and all of the Firebolt 15 turn motors that HPI sell are on backorder. I have even been to all of the RC stores around me and I can't find one. A HobbyTownUSA that is somewhat close to me has a ElectrixRC 15 Turn motor that I bought today, I haven't opened it up because I don't know if is a good motor or if it will even work with my ESC. The guy at the store knew less than I did, but I bought it because there weren't a lot of them at the store. I am somewhat new to racing and I don't want to go brushless yet until I get better, but I would consider it this motor doesn't work. Can someone please tell me if the motor will work with my ESC and it is any good?
Thanks
Old 03-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Can't tell you if it'll work for sure or if it's any good but that ESC is meant to support down to a 15t 540 sized motor so it 'should' work without a hassle.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tks523
I have an HPI Blitz with the SC-15wp ESC. I recently burnt out my motor and all of the Firebolt 15 turn motors that HPI sell are on backorder. I have even been to all of the RC stores around me and I can't find one. A HobbyTownUSA that is somewhat close to me has a ElectrixRC 15 Turn motor that I bought today, I haven't opened it up because I don't know if is a good motor or if it will even work with my ESC. The guy at the store knew less than I did, but I bought it because there weren't a lot of them at the store. I am somewhat new to racing and I don't want to go brushless yet until I get better, but I would consider it this motor doesn't work. Can someone please tell me if the motor will work with my ESC and it is any good?
Thanks
yes it should work cause as long as the esc has a 15 turn limit(which it does cause it come with a 15 turn motor) it should work just fine just make sure and do a good solder job if motor isn't pre-wired with a plug already
Old 03-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up Thanks

I went and installed the motor, it came pre-soldered and I just had to plug the bullet connecters into the ones from the ESC. I ran it for about 5 minutes and it worked fine and was only around 135 degrees. (Im running stock gearing which is 88/18).
Thanks for the help,
Tks523
Old 03-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tks523
I went and installed the motor, it came pre-soldered and I just had to plug the bullet connecters into the ones from the ESC. I ran it for about 5 minutes and it worked fine and was only around 135 degrees. (Im running stock gearing which is 88/18).
Thanks for the help,
Tks523
yup anytime man