Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4wd Buggy Racing for 2005

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

looks good. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for 4wd racing as there are various vehicles being made at the grass roots level.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default predator x10

go to www.ttechracing.com there is info on the new predator x10,no pics but.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Cain

Just got a SB pro what a buggy but there is not much support here for them or hop up parts was going fof the BJ 4 but los my place in line........the SB looks to be the up and comming 4wd buggy...the only weak link seams to be the motor mount...and is a one way the way to go in 4wd.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Legend

Glad to see another SB owner.

Go here for more discussion: www.rc10b4.com

Got some good info on a motor mount that is better than the cam one as well as some other info too.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool thanks can you send me a link are you guys in the USA ?
or across the pond?
we run mod 2wd with 4wd here
Old 03-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Rookie

sorry my bad just looked under your handle...

There is not too much support for the SB here.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Legend

I am in the USA, we have team drivers here, just go to that board and there is ALOT of help there for you. Email me as I have a faq on the SB we have been updating that you may find useful.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Bender I still run 1700's in 2 wheel stock love the punch but not the dump....LOL
Old 03-24-2005, 08:00 PM
ruf
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've just dusted off my old XX4. I love this old beast. Been thinking about an X5 conversion. Anyways, as for the 4WD class, I have a crazy idea. Why not follow the same direction as motorcycle racing? Different engine configurations have different attributes and are penalized via displacement or ballast. How would this apply to R/C? Why not have an all-encompassing buggy class (2WD with 4WD) like we used to? Now 4WD has an obvious traction advantage, so it would have to be penalized somehow. In stock motor class, you couldn't limit power (displacement analogy), so you would add ballast. The minimum weight of a 4WD buggy would be X oz. more than a 2WD buggy. The same could go for mod class, but if you wanted you could enforce some sort of motor turn limit rule. Sort of like they did a few years ago at the onroad nats where there was a gentleman's agreement not to run the new 10T's. It would be a very fuzzy call to make though and one that would be hotly debated. There is nothing "fuzzy" about weight though. Anyways, just my random thoughts.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Except for myself, the local hobby shop and race track I attend doesnt even have a 4wd electric class. I am the only one. In order to race my SB I have to attend the state series down here in florida.- I got a question about my buggy slapping the chassis after the bigger jumps, what shock oil recomendations does anyone have or fixes to make this stop, I know they sit low as is but wow does it hit hard
Old 03-28-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Legend

sounds like you need more pack. visit www.rc10b4.com and the General section, look for the Academy SB thread there. Lots of Team drivers there who can help you out with more specifics.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd like to get some opinions from the 4wd fans on this post on something I've been thinking about for a while.....

With all the new 4wd competition that Losi is facing, what, if anything, do you think they will do with their current 4wd off-road program? With the new jrx-s coming Losi now has a completely new platform to work with. How many of you actually think they'll try and convert that car to an off-road car? I think that's highly unlikely, as I don't think the short arm car will lend itself well to off-road. Having said that, what do you think Losi will do? Continue to soldier on with the xxx-4 platform, or create a completely new beast from the ground up?

I'm not really sure what I think they'll do. I'd love to see a completely new car from them for the 4wd class, but I doubt we'll see that. So what do you guys thinks Losi will do?
Old 03-31-2005, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 4 wheel looking up in Michigan

Very Interesting discussion.
We are experiencing a very big surge in 4 wheel MOD racing in Michigan.
At Washtenaw RC Raceway this winter, we averaged 3 heats.
Our Track averages over 150 entries per race all season long... racers look for other classes to run to help the day go by faster and 4 wheel is benefiting from it. The fact that it is home to the RC Product Designs TC3 "O" helps. A TC3 "O" won the point series this season with 4 TC3 "O' Drivers finishing in the top 10 in points.
As far as the question that Cain started at the begining of the thread....
We announce to our spectators at Washtenaw that 4 wheel open is like the Formula 1 racers of electric Off Road.
BUT... at our track as with most tracks, 3 cars make a class. If drivers would like to see a regular 4 wheel stock or spec class, all they would have to do is organize it and we would be happy to accomodate them.
As a track operator, It is very difficult to run a spec class. People buy what they want to buy and MOST do not want to be told what they can or can not do with their vehicles.
If as track wants to run a spec class they need to make sure all required elements are on hand for racers to buy all season long.

The only spec class I have seen flourish is the Tamiya F201 class as a local On Road track at LAZER SPEEDWAY. Spec Batteries, Tamiya Tires and spec motor. even then... it has changed every year. 1st year kit motors and high speed gear set.... last year monster stocks... this year.... 19T. BUT..it is not the track owner that is organizing it. it is the F201 Racers.

There are factors that will be changing the look of RC in the near future.
Brushless is the most obvious one.
Higher and Higher capacity cells also.

It is exciting to see the progress and expecially the explosion of 4 wheel drive vehicles on the market. Hope it continues.
Dan
Old 03-31-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I really dont see the jrxs as a good platform for a 4wd buggy, maybe if they could make a jrxs with a molded tub chassis to seal in the belts it could be possible. Who knows, I still cant believe losi shelved the xxx-s in favor of the jrxs. I think they should have updated the xxx-s with new suspension geometry, and real droop screws, while developing the new car for future release. Personally I'd like to see losi's version of shaft drive, maybe there next 4wd will be shaft driven.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Seems to me they just made the changes to refine the XXX4 and make it more durable. I think they will keep it for a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.