Wiki Posts
Search

Pede VXL 4x4.... Observation...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Pede VXL 4x4.... Observation...

From the chassis layout and drivetrain, it appears to me that it is the same as a Slash 4x4 with a lift and a few extra pieces here and there.... Obvious differences of course... But why does the body sit up so high on those darn things??? 3/4" gap from the bottom of the body to the chassis... Seems like a sure way to fill the chassis with crap while bashin... Somewhat debating the purchase of one of these as another basher to have around... But I'm not sold on it yet... Could go with this as a cheaper alternative to the Summit... $600 is a steep price when I already have a maxx.. So any comments on the 4x4 VXL Pede....
Old 03-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is there a reason you want the Pede 4x4 since you've already got an E-Maxx?
The Pede is basically just a smaller (and probably more reliable) version of the E-Maxx. Seems pointless to me.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Just as something else to bash around... Like I said, the summit is also something I am considering... But I may wait to come across a good used one... The pede seems like a fun little truck... Ole Jang gave a good review on it... Just wandering what some people see it as... I almost think I could lower it and turn it into a project buggy... Just thoughts for now...
Old 03-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If your gonna lower it might as well go woth a slash 4x4...... Ive had my slash for a little more than a year and love it for bashing, it rarely breaks
Old 03-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Already have a 2wd slash.... And like stated above, I have an E-maxx... They are both modified to the moon & back... Just a bit of a "gap" between the two... Slash is nimble and fun... E-maxx is a beast and not so nimble... Fun to pull my daughter around in her wagon... Just looking for something to bridge that gap....
Old 03-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Then do as suggested, a 4x4 Slash. Better handling then both the E-Maxx and 2WD Slash but more traction then a 2WD Slash. It would be the better option over the Pede. The Pede is going to be almost exactly the same as the E-Maxx, just a little smaller.