Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Revolve RC Workstation?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It is quite a sweet looking work station, and in the past, I used a pana 301 hobby vice for my nitro rustler, which is the same principle, and it was awesome. You really can't use a vice with an 1/8 scale because of the mud guards. This solves that issue. my issue with this work station was the inability to get to the bottom chassis screws!!! But, now with the new XL "X" plate, you should be able to get to almost everything but the middle diff. I may grab one.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I watched a video recently with a prototype plate system they have been working on that is quick change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRqWxcC__vQ

so i decided to email with questions to Randy this week and got the privilege to speak with him this morning. During the week he mentioned in the email dialogue that we had some things to talk about and to give him a call when i was ready. he was very helpful, entering the call conversation I had one direction of what i wanted in mind and after talking with him i went another way which would be of more benefit. I was in a hurry on the phone call as i needed to shower, eat and dress and get on the road for work but, he made sure i was comfortable with what i needed to do.

he has a new base stand that i actually like over what i see in prior photos, it seems more functional for me over "that is pretty" factor.
it is called the "Pro" version
he has a package promotion going on for the Pro version

the best help he provided prior to ordering was cutting some paper to size for each plate then placing my rc cars and helis on them to see which plates i would need

from the website

"The Pro Series comes with the new quick release, 2 top plates, 8 locators, 4 adjustable locking tabs, 2 shock holders, and custom engraving. Comes in Black or Silver only." for $225.00 and 15.00 shipping to me in Utah

yeah its expensive but it is from billet from what i see and actually cut on his cnc machines, but the package promotion makes it reasonable in my opinion. ill share some photos of it when it comes and it sure looks like it will be handy for my beam e4 and protos 500 rc heli besides all my rc cars
Old 02-21-2015, 09:17 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I never seen this thing before. but i swear this idea came to me about a year ago to make something like this. if only I had my own cnc router or machine. they'd never let me make stuff at work. lol I have made small parts for my cars on my lunch breaks before but I'd never have the time for that stand.

it's really a cool product. I may be up to getting one in the future. for now I have to stick to my $10 jconcepts stand lol
Old 02-25-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by apriliamille
I watched a video recently with a prototype plate system they have been working on that is quick change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRqWxcC__vQ

so i decided to email with questions to Randy this week and got the privilege to speak with him this morning. During the week he mentioned in the email dialogue that we had some things to talk about and to give him a call when i was ready. he was very helpful, entering the call conversation I had one direction of what i wanted in mind and after talking with him i went another way which would be of more benefit. I was in a hurry on the phone call as i needed to shower, eat and dress and get on the road for work but, he made sure i was comfortable with what i needed to do.

he has a new base stand that i actually like over what i see in prior photos, it seems more functional for me over "that is pretty" factor.
it is called the "Pro" version
he has a package promotion going on for the Pro version

the best help he provided prior to ordering was cutting some paper to size for each plate then placing my rc cars and helis on them to see which plates i would need

from the website

"The Pro Series comes with the new quick release, 2 top plates, 8 locators, 4 adjustable locking tabs, 2 shock holders, and custom engraving. Comes in Black or Silver only." for $225.00 and 15.00 shipping to me in Utah

yeah its expensive but it is from billet from what i see and actually cut on his cnc machines, but the package promotion makes it reasonable in my opinion. ill share some photos of it when it comes and it sure looks like it will be handy for my beam e4 and protos 500 rc heli besides all my rc cars
Jumped on the Pro series as well. Very excited to check it out. I'm a believer in paying extra if it'll save me time. If it cuts down on my wrenching time, it'll well be worth the cost.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:04 AM
Tech Addict

mailed out monday afternoon and i got it yesterday here in utah
kind of in a rush for work, ill get some photos up of the new one and strap a car or two and my protos500 heli on it and share it this weekend
i like the base. the recesses look rather functional
Old 02-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

here are some pics of the new base and the quick release system
and of course the boring old here is what is in the box and how it is protected during shipping photo

my name and email engraving is on it. not too visible as i chose the pure billet aluminum look. im gonna go batty if i drop a tool or something on the black base and scratch it and see the scratch for life

Old 02-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have had the original stand for over a yr and love it. Everywhere I go with it I have guys ask where I got it. Can't wait to order the new pro version which is even nicer.Anyone thats deep into this hobby spends thousands and thousands of dollars so what's 225.00 for something of this quality that makes workin on the cars we love so nice.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Anyone selling for use might buy it can't afford in website. ��
Old 03-06-2015, 10:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Very cool idea but a lot of money for what it is!
Old 04-16-2015, 08:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by apriliamille
and of course the boring old here is what is in the box and how it is protected during shipping photo
Thanks for those photos....do you by chance know what the shipping weight is for the pro series workstation?
Old 04-16-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjhall
Thanks for those photos....do you by chance know what the shipping weight is for the pro series workstation?
I just e-mail Randy and he got back to me right away, so if anyone else is wondering:

The pro series workstation with 1 truggy plate and 1 buggy plate weighs approximately 6.5 lbs.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I dunno i can work on my cars just fine with a duratrax car stand, I think I'd rather spend my money on the Hudy Setup Station.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28
I dunno i can work on my cars just fine with a duratrax car stand, I think I'd rather spend my money on the Hudy Setup Station.
Depends what's important to you. Kind of like a cordless screwdriver, I can wrench without it but it saves me time. A lot of people think it's ridiculous that I bought this stand but If I need to take the trans out or pull off the front end, its handy to leave the buggy in a position where nothing is falling. Saves me time and makes it easier to wrench on. If it saves me time, it's worth the $ to me.

Ain't nothing wrong with using a Duratrax stand.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone using it for 1/8 onroad cars? for the same $$$ I am seriously considering a Panavise setup with plates, vise, Base and other accessories which won't be as fancy but a lot more versatile for many other uses....still I can't totally forget this stand as it looks killer

Have so many cars, buggies and helis can't decide between this and the Panavise
Old 03-31-2019, 08:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

TTT. I have never seen one of these in the wild. Are they still in business? I can’t get anything in my cart on their website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.