Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Revolve RC Workstation? >

Revolve RC Workstation?

Like Tree3Likes

Revolve RC Workstation?

Old 03-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Pricey but a very nice piece, quality cost $$$...
Old 03-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i too saw these at the PNB this year. i stopped and took a look at them, they are pretty amazing. i walked by at one point when he was demonstating how to use it to someone and it will hold your RC in every possible angle you could think of except upside down
Old 03-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jadair43
Here's an SC10 on the workstation.
Thanks for the pic. I ordered one, so we'll see how it works out.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Pricey but could end up in my pit just because it makes sense to me.
Hot Racing had something like this but it was junk and the ball was not strong enough to hold it still while working on it.
Can someone tell me that have or are using this stand if it stays still while pressing against it.
Is it strong enough to hold it in the angle you have it in while pressing against it (will be the deal breaker for me)?
I just want to set the ball once and work on it in that angle without having to reset the angle because it is slipping.
Please own the thing before responding to my question, actual experience over a good amount of time that you have owned this stand is what I am looking for.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Rookie

I got one at the Psycho Nitro Blast.

I've been working with it ever since the race and that was a couple weeks ago. It's sturdy. The ball head has a nice feel to it. Not cheap. Nothing about this stand says cheap. You don't have to crank on the ball head to keep it tight. About a half turn or quarter turn and your locked in.

I have a 1/8 Serpent Cobra and an Sc10 that I'm using on it. Holds the Serpent with no problem. Obviously the ball head will come loose with A LOT of pressure but normal wrenching conditions it holds up. You can literally put this thing in any position possible. I work a lot with the car completely on its side. I even carry the car on the stand upside down, it doesn't come loose. So far I've only needed to take the car off the workstation a couple times other wise after it gets off the track it immediately goes on the workstation.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'll wait for the plastic version.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

That's an awesome idea. Are there shorter/taller posts for the stand? $160 seems kinda steep.

It's what happens when you design a product with no compromises or a price point.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I bought one at psycho nitro blast as well and it's an awesome addition for sure! No more wrenching at weird angles for common tasks. Very sturdy! I don't think they make shorter posts for it, but it holds the car right around eye level for you, plus you can tilt and spin it as needed.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MotoGod
I bought one at psycho nitro blast as well and it's an awesome addition for sure! No more wrenching at weird angles for common tasks. Very sturdy! I don't think they make shorter posts for it, but it holds the car right around eye level for you, plus you can tilt and spin it as needed.
Only reason I ask is because my workbench at home is normal table height and the ones at the track are a bit shorter.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Do they make one without the big fugly logo on the base?
Old 03-26-2012, 04:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Sean B. Email us. I'm sure there is something we can work out. We custom engrave the bottom plates of the workstation.

We don't currently have different stem heights. The reason being is if you have a shorter stem you won't be able to turn the car on its side or have as much throw when tilting the car forward. If the tables to tall you'll just be working on it tilted down most of the time. The height of the workstation is perfect to stand and work on it also. No more bending over at low tables.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Also too. We are offering free shipping anywhere in the United States until the end of March. If your thinking about ordering one better get it before the end of this month.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Revolve RC at the Psycho Nitro Blast V. Revolve RC gave away 4 Workstations to each of the Electric Class Champions.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Jadair43; 03-29-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Well... I got mine today. It is REALLY a quality setup. The spring clips clamp the chassis down tight enough that it won't move at all. That being said, my 8yo can easily lift them and remove the car. The quality of the pivot assembly is beyond what I expected. It is very smooth and easy to use. The one negative I see is with regards to the non-spring, or stationary pegs. They have a sort of cam on them which I used to precisely fit my chassis, which is awesome. Trouble is I have 3 different chassis. It's easy enough to space the pegs to work for all 3 with only a small tweak of the stationary pegs, again... awesome. However, they don't pivot easily. They require a hex driver to be adjusted. IMO something like a long thumbscrew would be an easier/better setup for adjusting for multiple vehicles. I've attached a few pics of it with my DEX410 and a T4.1.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

PM sent to owners about order

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.