Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Ten SCTE vs. SC10 4x4 factory Team

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Losi and don't look back.. pro driver or not. Get at the minimum the carbon shock towers and the upgraded diff out's and don't worry about anything else unless you want to. The TLR kit is a real value, the chassis upgrades are NOT needed unless you want them. The guy mentioned the BCE chassis, I had it hated it.. jumps like arse on big 1/8 scale tracks (stock is way better as the BCE f/r weight balance is a mess, unless they updated it recently) If you really must have a chassis upgrade iMO get the Bump, Losi or that newer KingHeadz.. the BCE would be at the bottom of my list just under the stock chassis. Don't get me wrong all are great quality material, but on a large track that is my order for now (less important on a small track). To note these chassis upgrades while nice aren't really buying you anything on the lap timer.... maybe a few mAH run time due to reduced weight and some additional tuning options (can't hurt right).

Just a few more why to stay away from the sc10 4x, the clicker is junk iMO and the belt drive with dual transmissions is just retarded. Why would anyone want to work on two transmissions when you can just drop diff's in and out in no time for tuning and maintenance? hmm.. The AE can be quick in the right hands but the losi is quick in almost everyone's hands and is as fast or faster in the right hands (look at the list of pro level wins).

Just my biased 2c
Old 03-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

damn after 3 pages i still don't know which one i want ......i'll be racing indoor clay, not very sticky, but may do some outdoor in the spring. I'm looking for the best bang for the buck in an rtr, they both have pros and cons.....im sooooo confused.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnnyr/c
damn after 3 pages i still don't know which one i want ......i'll be racing indoor clay, not very sticky, but may do some outdoor in the spring. I'm looking for the best bang for the buck in an rtr, they both have pros and cons.....im sooooo confused.
same here... starting to read up on jammins... im noticing alot of people wanting to trade there sc10 4x4 for scte tho my only prob is i like to be different from other people lol.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevelle68327
same here... starting to read up on jammins... im noticing alot of people wanting to trade there sc10 4x4 for scte tho my only prob is i like to be different from other people lol.
lol, I'm looking at the factory kit with all the mods. i need to price out a good radio sys and motor speed control set up.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Is anyone having problems with the shims behind the sun gears in all 3 diffs in the Losi wearing out? I even got the hardened Chris Attebery shims and now those are worn out after only like 3 practice days. I dont know what else to do to keep them from wearing out.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
I gave up on my SC10 4x4...I switched to the Losi and its been great.

I have not broken a bumper, you guys must crash alot.
The only parts I have replaced are outdrives ( get the HD )
I do have the Bump chassis and its great.

I have had my Losi for 6 months now.
I too have only broken a rear bumper ,front bumper and the servo box area in ONE year of running this truck.I came from a Jammin that would snap a front end piece every time out,and with good driving.This truck has not broken an arm,spindle, hub carrier ..Nothing in one year!!So you add up the cost of hop ups if your not buying these parts.The back bumper gets broken from getting rear ended and landing on yer tail on jumps,thus bending the rear tower.Out of the box you can race, not bash with only one upgrade..The rear 4 mm losi carbon tower...
Old 03-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Aoh
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
I gave up on my SC10 4x4...I switched to the Losi and its been great.

I have not broken a bumper, you guys must crash alot.
The only parts I have replaced are outdrives ( get the HD )
I do have the Bump chassis and its great.

I have had my Losi for 6 months now.
same experience here. cept i havent replaced anything yet (i hardened my own outdrives)

im only a hair faster with my SCTE over the SC10, the big difference being that the SCTE is WAY more forgiving, giving me much better consistency
Old 03-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

I just picked up another scte (owned one of the first versions that I hated) that has alot of hopups and mods so I will be comparing the two over the next few weeks. I didn't like my original scte because I had issues with blowing diff's very easy as well as them leaking all the time due to wobbily drive shafts........ So I'm hoping the modded one I have is much better. On a side note after owning my sc10 4x4 since the first release the only thing I've broken is a stripped servo horn, other then that its been rock solid........
Old 03-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Other than the issue with big jump handling, the SC10 4x4 from what I can tell really needs a good setup on there. The rear springs from what people are saying and what I saw are just too soft. Ran blue fronts on the rear on my first race with it and it was extremely better. Enough so I ordered the front spring kit specifically for the rear LOL.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not sure where you guys are having tuning problems on the ae? I went from indoor clay to dusty and blown out and only changed tires and ride height. I blow losis out of the water all day. I grab a lot of lines they cant speedily get too because of the added steering.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i was battling it out between these trucks in my head too.

It was tough since the AE is cheaper too. it can be had for 215 shipped(non facotry team). Cheapest i found was 255 shipped for the losi.

In the end i went with the losi and it will be here soon. Mainly cause i race sometimes on a big outdoor track and i can have a problem with consistency.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yea, im not sure where the problems are either. The truck is so fast and nimble its crazy. Yes, it needs a bit of tuning, but once you do it stand back. The truck will turn under anything, its very stable, and crazy durable. it dosent have the same jumping ajility in the sence of changing the aditude of the truck in the air, but its only a hinderence on huuge jumps that send you way in the air. I wouldnt trade mine for any other 4x4 sc out now.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Losi and don't look back.. pro driver or not. Get at the minimum the carbon shock towers and the upgraded diff out's and don't worry about anything else unless you want to. The TLR kit is a real value, the chassis upgrades are NOT needed unless you want them. The guy mentioned the BCE chassis, I had it hated it.. jumps like arse on big 1/8 scale tracks (stock is way better as the BCE f/r weight balance is a mess, unless they updated it recently) If you really must have a chassis upgrade iMO get the Bump, Losi or that newer KingHeadz.. the BCE would be at the bottom of my list just under the stock chassis. Don't get me wrong all are great quality material, but on a large track that is my order for now (less important on a small track). To note these chassis upgrades while nice aren't really buying you anything on the lap timer.... maybe a few mAH run time due to reduced weight and some additional tuning options (can't hurt right).

Just a few more why to stay away from the sc10 4x, the clicker is junk iMO and the belt drive with dual transmissions is just retarded. Why would anyone want to work on two transmissions when you can just drop diff's in and out in no time for tuning and maintenance? hmm.. The AE can be quick in the right hands but the losi is quick in almost everyone's hands and is as fast or faster in the right hands (look at the list of pro level wins).

Just my biased 2c
Does anyone have a list of wins with corresponding team driver? Also track size & surface. It's easy to find (associated)maifield, (associated)cavalieri, (losi)evans, or (losi)phend winning everything. But, seems that losi might do better on 1/8 size tracks while associated does better on 1/10 medium/high traction tracks.

Last edited by Eaglesrx; 03-10-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
+1 on the Losi being RTR garbage.

Just kidding... But not really.

While box stock the Losi can go out and run with the fast guys, the fact that it comes as a roller is very off-putting to me. And I have one. Anyway - I've replaced just about everything on the truck with HA aluminum stuff and completely rebuilt it. IMO - even if it's competitive right out of the box, it will not remain so for long because your outdrives will be toast after a few runs, your shock towers will be bent and your camber and steering links will be full of slop.
I don't mean to be rude but why buy a money pit like that.. Losi is no way superior over the others, but why not something else that atleast lasts? Again I just want to hear your opinion, not criticism in anyway as I'm actually in the market..

Last edited by drs92; 03-10-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

One thing i noticed as well. Over the rough, i tend to glide over it. The losis look like the sink into the chop and get all out shape. Also after i went to saddle packs and centralized my weight, i dont catch edges anywhere near as easily as the losis. All these observqtions are based off of me and my buddy, i own the ae, he owns the losi.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.