Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Team Durango DEST210R thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Any one think team durango going to come out with new dest210 r or should I just get a used one and find lots of parts ?
Old 11-11-2015, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marco m
Any one think team durango going to come out with new dest210 r or should I just get a used one and find lots of parts ?
At this point I wouldn't expect a v2 of the SCT.. other than changing a-arms or tower height like they did w/ the buggy you can consider the B-Type parts loaded in a v2 of the desc210. Honestly at this point it's still my favorite sct I've owned,, I did just install a "plan B" chassis on it though.. that is pretty slick for sure.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marco m
There's supposedly a DEX210v3 coming out. If we did see a new DEST, it would probably come some time after that. However, I would not hold my breath.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Default Running shorty pack?

8ight,
You running shorty in the plan B Chasis. Whats your setup: Mm3,4? I was thinking of going that route? I run indoor only.
Thanks

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
At this point I wouldn't expect a v2 of the SCT.. other than changing a-arms or tower height like they did w/ the buggy you can consider the B-Type parts loaded in a v2 of the desc210. Honestly at this point it's still my favorite sct I've owned,, I did just install a "plan B" chassis on it though.. that is pretty slick for sure.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
8ight,
You running shorty in the plan B Chasis. Whats your setup: Mm3,4? I was thinking of going that route? I run indoor only.
Thanks
Yes to the shorty.. not sure about the RM or MM I just recently got it doing some more testing. I run a mix of indoor turn and for outdoor dirt will be doing some indoor dirt w/ a new track so.. my RM is soo fast indoors it's tough to want to move it to a MM setup and loose the traction I get outdoors or on the indoor dirt. I may still give it a shot and if I did I would start w/ mm4 at first, im not trying to shave weight and no super high bite tracks to worry about that I race on a regular basis.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

For anyone still running this truck, this is the setup I run and it works really well for me. Use at your own risk.
Team Durango DEST210R thread-screenshot_2015-11-23-19-40-46.jpg
Old 12-22-2015, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey, I just picked one of these trucks as my first stadium truck. Question is: What parts are the ones that are more prone to break on this truck? I will be picking up some spares for it. thanks.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRSlash
Hey, I just picked one of these trucks as my first stadium truck. Question is: What parts are the ones that are more prone to break on this truck? I will be picking up some spares for it. thanks.
Rear Arms x5, Front body mounts.

Boil rear arms for 40min helps them live longer but I am averaging a broken arm every 1-2 hours of run time. I have Alloy front and rear pivot block in the rear end so the arm breaks every time.

If you run the kit Plastic one they can give out instead of the arms.

I always keep 3 sets of rear arms on standby and replace them even if they look OK before a big event.

apart from that truck is awesome
Old 12-23-2015, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pittster

Boil rear arms for 40min helps them live longer but I am averaging a broken arm every 1-2 hours of run time. I have Alloy front and rear pivot block in the rear end so the arm breaks every time.

I always keep 3 sets of rear arms on standby and replace them even if they look OK before a big event.

Awesome, Thank You. Looking forward to put this truck on the track.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Brian, I just built a DEST using a plan b chassis. I have been using one of his DESC chassis and decided to try ST. Have you had any time for a MM4 setup using this chassis? Thanks
Old 12-31-2015, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JRSlash
Awesome, Thank You. Looking forward to put this truck on the track.
JR, make sure you add the crush tubes (TDR 712003) and maybe a 0.2 or 0.3 shim to the front axels so when you tighten down the wheel nuts you get no binding. The rear may need a 0.2 or 0.3 as well. Look at the first page of the DESC210 thread. It explains all the little nuisances to run smooth. I agree with the above. I have only broken rear arms. Good luck.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dirtracer4
Brian, I just built a DEST using a plan b chassis. I have been using one of his DESC chassis and decided to try ST. Have you had any time for a MM4 setup using this chassis? Thanks
Dirt racer,
Gives us a good update once you get a chance to run the DEST with the plan B. Real curious how it handles.
Thanks
Old 12-31-2015, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pittster

Boil for 40 minutes??? I been boiling but I do 3 to 4 minutes. Is that correct?
Old 01-04-2016, 06:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

well..., raced this weekend and the only things I broke was the spoiler which I am going to try the Jconcepts one and the chassis. I guess I needed the "b" type one which is on the way. Other than that I love this truck. I broke the chassis during the 2nd qualifier and still made the 3rd and made A main with the front clip been held by the body of the truck. Also come to find after the race that the person that had it before me had the shock pistons all mixed up. Don't know how much that affected my suspension but it was wrong anyways. Cant wait to get it all put together correctly and give it a try.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

does any body try a T5M body on their st210? The new JConcepts Hi-Flow for the T5M looks like it will fit the Durango.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.