R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2015, 08:07 AM   #1141
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 325
Default

I'm putting a DEST210R together for our super stock class. 13.5T motor, blinky mode ESC. What is a good starting point for the pinion gear?
__________________
Team Driver
ThumbRC.com - Offroad RC Track in Michigan
LC-Racing.net - #1 LC parts source in the USA
https://www.facebook.com/groups/124620841371685/ - Rock racing forum
racer726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:55 PM   #1142
Tech Master
 
Laker67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,839
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer726 View Post
I'm putting a DEST210R together for our super stock class. 13.5T motor, blinky mode ESC. What is a good starting point for the pinion gear?
It really depends on the motor, I have been able to gear my D4 Motors a lot higher then my LRP motors. But I think right now for 13.5 I'm running 22/81 and on dirt she comes off at about 155*
__________________
Thanks to my sponsors: Maclan Racing, Addiction RC, Exotek, Jconcepts, Futaba, and Trakpower
Brian Jenkins
Local track: Addiction RC in Ogden, UT - AddictionRC.net
Laker67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:35 PM   #1143
Tech Addict
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 671
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer726 View Post
I'm putting a DEST210R together for our super stock class. 13.5T motor, blinky mode ESC. What is a good starting point for the pinion gear?
Here's a very useful web page:

http://www.durangofansite.com/main.p...0&page=gearing

I'm not sure if this would fit, but if you're using the stock 87T spur, the 26T pinion would be a good start. Otherwise a 81T spur and 24T pinion would work.
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #1144
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 24
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

First stadium truck build, went very smooth. Cant wait for first race!

10pcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 03:37 PM   #1145
Tech Addict
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 671
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10pcNugget View Post
First stadium truck build, went very smooth. Cant wait for first race!

What tires are those?
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 03:43 PM   #1146
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 24
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
What tires are those?
Proline Prime's
10pcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:09 PM   #1147
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 24
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10pcNugget View Post
First stadium truck build, went very smooth. Cant wait for first race!

In addition to my original post, for anyone who is interested

Set up-
MM3 gear, 87t spur, 20t pinion
SMC 120 amp esc, LRP x20 8.5t
Promatch 6500 mah 70c 2 cell
Protek 100ss servo
And of course airtronics receiver

Last edited by 10pcNugget; 06-29-2015 at 07:58 AM. Reason: add picture
10pcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:40 PM   #1148
Tech Addict
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 671
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10pcNugget View Post
Proline Prime's
You running on clay?
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:01 PM   #1149
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 160
Default

I've asked before but does anyone know of a good fitting replacement body for the dest210?
blankenj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:05 AM   #1150
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 24
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
You running on clay?
No i am not, just tryng some things out, usually run the same tire in super soft, but in the past i have noticed from using sauce "which you have to at local track to get any sort of traction" the tires ended up getting "too" soft if that makes sense... in return almost making drag on the vehicle.. so im trying to sauce up some clays and see how they compare, as of yesterday they seemed to hook up more and more after saucing them, still not there yet but im working on it.

EDIT* has anyone actually found the type "b" chassis to be a little bit stronger?
I came up short of a big tripple at our track and hit nose first and broke the front end of the car, were the front bulk head attached, right where the kick up is.
10pcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:32 PM   #1151
ekt
Tech Master
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,228
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10pcNugget View Post
No i am not, just tryng some things out, usually run the same tire in super soft, but in the past i have noticed from using sauce "which you have to at local track to get any sort of traction" the tires ended up getting "too" soft if that makes sense... in return almost making drag on the vehicle.. so im trying to sauce up some clays and see how they compare, as of yesterday they seemed to hook up more and more after saucing them, still not there yet but im working on it.

EDIT* has anyone actually found the type "b" chassis to be a little bit stronger?
I came up short of a big tripple at our track and hit nose first and broke the front end of the car, were the front bulk head attached, right where the kick up is.
The type B chassis types are a lot stronger than the originals.
__________________
Leo Lorenzen
Xray Australia - Proline Australia - GForce Australia - Fantom Australia - Hearns Hobbies
ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:41 PM   #1152
Tech Regular
 
Pittster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Newcastle NSW
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankenj99 View Post
I've asked before but does anyone know of a good fitting replacement body for the dest210?
Also keen to know about this anyone had any experience with different shells ?
__________________
Team Associated B6D, Speed Passion Reventon Pro 1.0, Hobbywing V10 7.5t
Team Associated B64D, Speed Passion Reventon Pro 1.1, Hobbywing V10 G2 6.5t
Team Associated B5M CE, Tekin Rs Gen2, Fleta ZX 17.5t
Pittster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:28 PM   #1153
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 24
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittster View Post
Also keen to know about this anyone had any experience with different shells ?
Yes, if you check a few pages back a guy got a ct4.2 /kyosho body to fit with minor mods, even has pictures, i put a t5m body on mine at the track and i could easly see it fitting, but under the same conditions as the above one, with minor modifications, mainly making room for the center brace on rear shock tower.
10pcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:31 AM   #1154
Tech Addict
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 671
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

It looks like the stock body will be in stock again soon at Tower Hobbies. It's currently "Order Pending" so they should be available any day now.
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:38 AM   #1155
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 24
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
It looks like the stock body will be in stock again soon at Tower Hobbies. It's currently "Order Pending" so they should be available any day now.
Yeaaaahhh... About that. Tower has had that for months now i beleive.
10pcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Durango DESC410R Thread KostaG Electric Off-Road 12281 08-18-2017 09:10 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:35 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net