R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2014, 06:31 AM   #961
Tech Master
 
Jeepy2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,033
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Well, finally got mine all read to go, going to do some test n tune today at the track with it. I'm running a HW Stock Spec V3.1 ESC, Speed Passion MMM 10.5t motor, Savox 1256TG servo, Futaba 4PLS radio. It's running the 4 gear mid motor configuration.

Jeepy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:47 PM   #962
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 174
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

cool paint job, did you do that yourself?
Tdub77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #963
Tech Master
 
Jeepy2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,033
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

No, I got it that way, I got the truck used. Someone put a lot of time into the paint job for sure.
Jeepy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:51 AM   #964
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 35
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Like the paint. Looks like a grizzly bear attacked a watermelon! Nice and bright!!
Team Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:04 AM   #965
Tech Master
 
Jeepy2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,033
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Yeah, I shouldn't have a problem seeing it!
Jeepy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #966
Tech Master
 
Redsawacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 1,106
Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)
Default

Especially if you get those glasses we talked about. If not, you're going to have to be Cab lights on it too!
__________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" - Aristotle

Great Lipo learning link: http://www.rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide/
Redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #967
Tech Master
 
Redsawacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 1,106
Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)
Default

Picked up an RTR ST a few months ago for my 3 year old....wrong choice - its mine now!

Pulled it apart to clean things up and noticed an "E-Clip" missing from the gear diff. Soooo, spent all week waiting for that to come in the mail. Finally got it back together and started to bench tune the suspension. Found the front end to be WAY too stiff - I think they are the dark blue springs. I'll be testing with some other springs this week and repost. This is a super cool ST. I have been an ST fan for a long time, I have no idea why its no longer on the ROAR class listing.
__________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" - Aristotle

Great Lipo learning link: http://www.rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide/
Redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #968
Tech Apprentice
 
Jim85IROC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Readsboro, VT
Posts: 79
Default

How well do these hold up to decently powerful brushless motors? I've got a 17.5 ordered, but for bashing I'm guessing that I'm going to want something significantly more powerful, more along the lines of the Velenion in my P4de or the 3500 KV Tacon in my dad's Ruckus. I keep staring at the plastic gears in the transmission that I'm putting together, and getting flashbacks of my kid trashing the plastic gears in his ECX Circuit with the stock 20t motor, and my dad trashing the same plastic gears in his Ruckus on his very first pack after I put the Tacon motor in.

Is this kit going to hold up to real brushless power, or am I doomed to destroy it with basher-level power?
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #969
Tech Master
 
trick25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,171
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
Picked up an RTR ST a few months ago for my 3 year old....wrong choice - its mine now!

Pulled it apart to clean things up and noticed an "E-Clip" missing from the gear diff. Soooo, spent all week waiting for that to come in the mail. Finally got it back together and started to bench tune the suspension. Found the front end to be WAY too stiff - I think they are the dark blue springs. I'll be testing with some other springs this week and repost. This is a super cool ST. I have been an ST fan for a long time, I have no idea why its no longer on the ROAR class listing.
front spring is way to stiff is right.

i use losi 22t springs. easier to get. I really love the ST. I think its one of if not the best cars durango makes.

i really need to get around to figuring what body can work with it with modding the mount.
__________________
4wd bug-D413, 2wd ST-DEST210R, Blinky bug-22 2.0
Etrug-Tekno ET48.3 4wd SC-SCT410
trick25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #970
Tech Master
 
trick25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,171
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
How well do these hold up to decently powerful brushless motors? I've got a 17.5 ordered, but for bashing I'm guessing that I'm going to want something significantly more powerful, more along the lines of the Velenion in my P4de or the 3500 KV Tacon in my dad's Ruckus. I keep staring at the plastic gears in the transmission that I'm putting together, and getting flashbacks of my kid trashing the plastic gears in his ECX Circuit with the stock 20t motor, and my dad trashing the same plastic gears in his Ruckus on his very first pack after I put the Tacon motor in.

Is this kit going to hold up to real brushless power, or am I doomed to destroy it with basher-level power?
i run 9.5 trackstar in mine. it holds up fine. had mine since January. ECX is not the same as Durango.
__________________
4wd bug-D413, 2wd ST-DEST210R, Blinky bug-22 2.0
Etrug-Tekno ET48.3 4wd SC-SCT410
trick25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #971
Tech Addict
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 643
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Depending on the track, I run 8.5 and 10.5 Speed Passion motors in mine.
Kremzeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:02 PM   #972
Tech Master
 
Jeepy2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,033
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

I run a 10.5 Speed Passion MMM in mine, 4-gear, mid motor configuration. As long as you don't lock the slipper clutch up completely you won't destroy and transmission gears.
Jeepy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #973
Tech Master
 
Jeepy2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,033
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick25 View Post
front spring is way to stiff is right.

i use losi 22t springs. easier to get. I really love the ST. I think its one of if not the best cars durango makes.

i really need to get around to figuring what body can work with it with modding the mount.
I was thinking Losi or Associated springs might fit, definitely easier to get locally.
Jeepy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #974
Tech Master
 
trick25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,171
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

i run the outdoor in rear motor 4 gear. 22t green front(3.5 pounds) and white rear (1.8 pound). i really like it for outdoor. rear end sinks in good on accelration and front handles jumps good.

and remember the associated slipper pad works. cheaper and is a little thicker. and i think they work better.
__________________
4wd bug-D413, 2wd ST-DEST210R, Blinky bug-22 2.0
Etrug-Tekno ET48.3 4wd SC-SCT410
trick25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:05 AM   #975
Tech Master
 
Jeepy2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,033
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick25 View Post
i run the outdoor in rear motor 4 gear. 22t green front(3.5 pounds) and white rear (1.8 pound). i really like it for outdoor. rear end sinks in good on accelration and front handles jumps good.

and remember the associated slipper pad works. cheaper and is a little thicker. and i think they work better.
A even better solution is the Avid Triad clutch setup, I switched my B5M over to one, much better than stock, more consitant feeling and lighter than the stock assembly. I will be switching over the DEST to one soon.
Jeepy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Durango DESC410R Thread KostaG Electric Off-Road 12280 08-11-2017 07:22 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:00 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net