Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Team Durango DEST210R thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

I cant get my shocks to work right they never have any rebound and want to droop in the back so bad i went to 40 in the dront and 30 in the rear . Any help on durango shocks would be appriciated
Old 04-23-2014, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slicksracing22
I cant get my shocks to work right they never have any rebound and want to droop in the back so bad i went to 40 in the dront and 30 in the rear . Any help on durango shocks would be appriciated
The shocks were not designed to have rebound although if you leave the bleeder screw in the shock cap, fill the shock all the way and put the cap on with the shock shaft all the way out you can get some rebound out of it. If it's too full the shock won't compress all the way so make sure to check for that before putting it on the truck.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

just finished the kit. heres my newly painted shell
Old 04-25-2014, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trick25
body still troubles me. mine is reinforced with shoe goo and drywall tape. when it goes I will have to find a way to use different mounts so I can use a different body. but the way this truck drives makes it worth it.
It would be nice if Durango addressed the body issue. I've reached out to them via email and FB and they won't respond. If a new truck and body are coming, just say so. Keeping silent isn't the answer.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Looking good, awpldlto. I hope there is a new style body coming that is compatible with the current truck.

Mine has been torn down, cleaned and put back together as much as I can but it is one amain order away from being complete. No hurry, our summer series isn't even announced yet. Regardless of this, it looks like I am going to be running the ugly paint job that came with it for a while.

I think Hot Bodies learned a lesson saying a new RC is coming out well in advance with the 413 - thousands of ridiculous and whiney posts waiting for it to come out.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slicksracing22
I don't build rebound in my shocks. With the durango shocks I actually double bleed both the front and the rear. With the shock extended I fill it almost to the top. Then compress a couple times to get the bubbles out and let set for a minute or 2. Take the bleeder screw out and fill the shock until the oil is almost ready to spill out like a bubble and carefully put the cap on with out the bleeder screw and screw the cap on all the way. Then take a rag and slowly compress the shock all the way up. You should have some oil come out. If not you have to take the cap back off and fill it again. With the shock completely compressed put the bleeder screw all the way in and work the shock shaft a couple times up and down. with it completely extended take the bleeder screw back out and get a rag and slowly compress the shock shaft again. With it all the way up take the bleeder screw and screw it all the way in. Now you don!!! That's how I double bleed my shocks. If you want some rebound Then on the first and second time you bleed you need to compress the shock up to how ever much rebound you want. For me its to difficult to get the rears even on both with equal amount of rebound so I don't do it. plus really don't need rebound. ALSO if the shock is not coming back after compressed with the spring on....1. the spring is not strong enough and/or oil is to heavy. 2. if it's on the car you may have the wrong piston, oil, spring combo. I am using a split 2 x 1.5 and 2x 1.1. I also liked the 4 x 1.2 (you can take the 6 x 1.2 and plug 2 holes) this allows you to use a lighter oil and shock will pack better on the rear. Fronts I use 4x1.2. Also if using the TD spring, when they get old they lose their "springyness" and have to be replaced.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

ttt

Last edited by tfrankito; 04-25-2014 at 11:58 AM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 04-28-2014, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

does anyone know whats up with the driveshafts barely being long enough?
Old 04-28-2014, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

did you just buy this kit. if so you can get longer outdrives free for the ball diff. yes its a normal problem.

i run gear diff which also has longer outdrives.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

I just bought a ball diff for mine, would it have the longer outdrives already or should I just buy the driveshafts? I didn't buy a new kit.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

don't know if you have the longer outdrives. I dont think they come with them originally. they are not that much longer.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

how do i get the free outdrives?
Old 04-30-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

ok talked to hobbico support. they are sending me the longer driveshafts and a replacement ball stud (one in my kit was cracked). got to love those guys. always extremely helpful and very pleasant to deal with. i was also planning on bashing around a little with it. is it worth it to change over to the gear diff.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by awpldlto
ok talked to hobbico support. they are sending me the longer driveshafts and a replacement ball stud (one in my kit was cracked). got to love those guys. always extremely helpful and very pleasant to deal with. i was also planning on bashing around a little with it. is it worth it to change over to the gear diff.
got longer outdrives free from hobbico (germany) too, they are a very nice team
Old 05-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

you got longer outdrives for free? the guy i talked to said he was sending longer driveshafts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.